all around | The Boneyard

all around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lets start w Diaco and the horrible clock management and the lack o adjustments on defense. Mix in the fact that we have been slow to get plays in From the sideline all year Top it off with the Eric Stratton. Rush chairman sweaters and it all adds up to a fuckj g horrible loss. I want smash mouth from this team an get v necks

Two. Our defense. No playmakers at all. Should be embarrassed by their inability to stop a team that lost to Yale. Horrible job all around. I counted two negative plays all day.

Three. Whitmer. Forced his two ints. But he's a warrior. Felt like we shoul have used a timeout which would have been our last after his last scramble. He clearly took a shot and could have used a break. See above.

Four. Our fans. My section (109). Emptied out at halftime. Those that remained sat on their azZes the whole time.

Bottom line. All the good will from last Saturday is gone. This team is brutal

Reaction Score
[QUOTE"Skiblets, post: 1117799, member: 13"]Lets start w Diaco and the horrible clock management and the lack o adjustments on defense. Mix in the fact that we have been slow to get plays in From the sideline all year Top it off with the Eric Stratton. Rush chairman sweaters and it all adds up to a j g horrible loss. I want smash mouth from this team an get v necks

Two. Our defense. No playmakers at all. Should be embarrassed by their inability to stop a team that lost to Yale. Horrible job all around. I counted two negative plays all day.

Three. Whitmer. Forced his two ints. But he's a warrior. Felt like we shoul have used a timeout which would have been our last after his last scramble. He clearly took a shot and could have used a break. See above.

Four. Our fans. My section (109). Emptied out at halftime. Those that remained sat on their azZes the whole time.

Bottom line. All the good will from last Saturday is gone. This team is brutal[/QUOTE]
Great call on needing to burn that last timeout to give Chandler a blow....he NEEDED it.

Reaction Score
I'll take a different perspective. The played like absolute and almost pulled one out. The team got closer to developing a winning fight in them. Lots of work to do, and BD was atrocious in time management and adjustments.

Reaction Score
Completely disagree Blue. This team rolled over against a team that lost to YALE..........fuckj Yale

Reaction Score
You and I both did skis but your section and mine emptied out at halftime

Reaction Score
I will be honest I didn't look behind me, but I will say we were pretty loud as a whole on the uconn side at times on 3rd down

Reaction Score
I don't think anybody rolled over. I blame the coaches 99.9% here and give Army some credit for a great effort.

Reaction Score
You saw that touchdown by army in the fourth correct? No defender in sight and three blockers in front. Our D effort was brutal

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it the coaches fault that when Foxx came in at QB their corners could get off blocks and our corners couldn't get off blocks all day? We looked totally unprepared to defend the option, but I don't know how much of that was coaching and how much of that was playing. And unless you were in the practices discussing schemes this week, neither did you.

Reaction Score
Advice to Diaco - Don't try put lipstick on this pig! First of all, you'll lose all credibility and second, the pig won't like it.

Reaction Score
Lets start w Diaco and the horrible clock management and the lack o adjustments on defense. Mix in the fact that we have been slow to get plays in From the sideline all year Top it off with the Eric Stratton. Rush chairman sweaters and it all adds up to a j g horrible loss. I want smash mouth from this team an get v necks

Bottom line. All the good will from last Saturday is gone. This team is brutal
I agree 100% The only bright side today, maybe our special teams looked good, except for the blown fake field goal.

I couldn't understand our defensive strategy at all. We are playing a bend, but don't break defense against the triple option? Really? They ate up clock and wore us down all game. Bring the safeties up and make them beat you in the air.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Diaco is the guy to take this team where it needs to go. He almost seems like he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. We lost to a team that wouldn't compete week in week out int he Colonial. And that got beat up by Yale. I'm not sure we could compete in the Colonial Conference. Guy might be a very good defensive coordinator, but he isn't a head coach. He makes bizarre decisions on personnel, he doesn't seem to have a game plan...he took a team that seemed to be coming late last year and has taken 3 steps back this year. We might lose to SMU.

Reaction Score
Get off ur high horse Biz. Army lost to Yale and punched our D in the mouth all day. Worse loss than Tulane

Army totally sucks, and we suck worse apparently. I'm not defending the team. I'm just laughing at those who think that the fact that we just lost to the third totally awful team this year doesn't mean that our players aren't good enough, but just that our coaches aren't good enough.

Reaction Score
Army totally sucks, and we suck worse apparently. I'm not defending the team. I'm just laughing at those who think that the fact that we just lost to the third totally awful team this year doesn't mean that our players aren't good enough, but just that our coaches aren't good enough.

Do you really think our players are incapable of beating Army? That they have more football talent than we do? That is the drum you are beating here.

Reaction Score
Do you really think our players are incapable of beating Army? That they have more football talent than we do? That is the drum you are beating here.

Army did today. 35-21 says it all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

While I know this is a top 20 defense because I read it on the Boneyard...

You know it's both. Players and coaches. You don't lose to Army by accident.

Reaction Score
Is it the coaches fault that when Foxx came in at QB their corners could get off blocks and our corners couldn't get off blocks all day? We looked totally unprepared to defend the option, but I don't know how much of that was coaching and how much of that was playing. And unless you were in the practices discussing schemes this week, neither did you.

1) work with Foxx on how to throw the football. He adds that to his repertoire and things will open up.

2) UConn defense has been overrated by UConn fans. They are weak, extremely weak, which is why they need offensive teammates that can score 37 points or better per game. College football 2014 . . . . . offense wins games, not defenses.

Reaction Score
Yes. Thanks to Paul Pasqualoni. And people thought he was just a bad game coach.

Reaction Score
1) work with Foxx on how to throw the football. He adds that to his repertoire and things will open up.

2) UConn defense has been overrated by UConn fans. They are weak, extremely weak, which is why they need offensive teammates that can score 37 points or better per game. College football 2014 . . . . . offense wins games, not defenses.

According to Diaco, he can throw. They just don't call pass plays when he's under center. They know he's a bigger threat with his legs.

Reaction Score
According to Diaco, he can throw. They just don't call pass plays when he's under center. They know he's a bigger threat with his legs.

So UConn still doesn't get it. College football is played best when offenses used the forward pass.

Reaction Score

Incapable is a silly word. Do I think we are better than Army? We went 3-9 last year and lost most of the better players from that team, lost our starting QB on opening day, are 2-7 and before Army had lost to two horrific teams. So what rational basis exists for thinking we're a better team than anyone not named SMU.

Reaction Score
While I know this is a top 20 defense because I read it on the Boneyard...

You know it's both. Players and coaches. You don't lose to Army by accident.

So we couldn't have lost to army last year? Or would that have been on HCBD as well. This is an awful team. We have a multi year record to prove it. Our new coach hasn't fixed it in his first year. That's what we know. But he didn't create it and none of us know that the team would have been much better with any other coach we realistically could have brought in instead.

Reaction Score
our players have more than enough talent to beat Army. i'm only guessing here but while watching the game i kept thinkimg that they probably spent more time this week teaching the players how to "play their positions at a level 400" than they did on how to defend Army's option.
For shilt sake we didn't put 8 in the box until they were inside out 10 yard line with 8 minutes to go in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom