#4hunnid
Reaction Score
east won 45-0

boeing(team capt) had a td pass, 35yds passing and 75 running, 1 punt

488659945.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
to be honest, i don't know the detail of the bowl. just know that info^ becuase it was on his twitter. @boeingbrown13

Reaction Score
Boeing Brown Named to National All-Star All-American Bowl
Myrtle Beach, SC – Class of 2013 High School Junior standout Quarterback, Boeing
Brown, #13 for Brookfield High School, of Brookfield, Connecticut, has been named to
the 3rd Annual Offense-Defense Junior All-American Bowl and East Team Roster. 6’3”,
210 pound, Boeing Brown, a second year starting Quarterback for Brookfield High
School’s Varsity Football Team, will join dozens of peers in his age group nationwide in
an East meets West clash that is part of a week-long series of events leading up to the
nationally-televised, 6th-annual Offense-Defense All-American Bowl, an All-Star football
game of similar format showcasing 80 of the top high school seniors in the country.
Boeing Brown was selected from a group of young athletes numbering in the thousands
across the country to participate in this one-of-a-kind All-Star game.

This year's event will take place in Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX, home of the Dallas
Cowboys.

Offense-Defense Sports has been running full-contact football instructional camps for
the past 43 years and currently operates in approximately 40 camp locations nationwide
every summer.

According to Twitter/Facebook - Boeing Brown, wearing #12, was named a Captain for the
EAST Team in the Junior Showcase Bowl Game, he scored the only Passing Touchdown in a defensive
dominated game where East beat West 45-0. He did very well with 75 yards rushing, 35 yards
passing and the only passing score in the game plus one punt for 45 yards. Format was two
45:00 running clock halves. The directors enforced a mercy rule, limiting passing, when the EAST defense put
up 4-pick 6 scores and Brown's passing score. The game was played in the Dallas Cowboys Stadium
and his coach was former NFL Falcons QB, Isaac Ray. (Twitter/Facebook)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...own-Quarterback-Class-of-2013/212921872071911

Twitter - BoeingBrown13

Attachments

• 100_4383.JPG
    100_4383.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 100_4411.JPG
    100_4411.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 100_4414.JPG
    100_4414.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 100_4416.JPG
    100_4416.JPG
    803.7 KB · Views: 80
Reaction Score
Boeing Brown Named to National All-Star All-American Bowl
Myrtle Beach, SC – Class of 2013 High School Junior standout Quarterback, Boeing
Brown, #13 for Brookfield High School, of Brookfield, Connecticut, has been named to
the 3rd Annual Offense-Defense Junior All-American Bowl and East Team Roster. 6’3”,
210 pound, Boeing Brown, a second year starting Quarterback for Brookfield High
School’s Varsity Football Team, will join dozens of peers in his age group nationwide in
an East meets West clash that is part of a week-long series of events leading up to the
nationally-televised, 6th-annual Offense-Defense All-American Bowl, an All-Star football
game of similar format showcasing 80 of the top high school seniors in the country.
Boeing Brown was selected from a group of young athletes numbering in the thousands
across the country to participate in this one-of-a-kind All-Star game.

This year's event will take place in Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX, home of the Dallas
Cowboys.

Offense-Defense Sports has been running full-contact football instructional camps for
the past 43 years and currently operates in approximately 40 camp locations nationwide
every summer.

According to Twitter/Facebook - Boeing Brown, wearing #12, was named a Captain for the
EAST Team in the Junior Showcase Bowl Game, he scored the only Passing Touchdown in a defensive
dominated game where East beat West 45-0. He did very well with 75 yards rushing, 35 yards
passing and the only passing score in the game plus one punt for 45 yards. Format was two
45:00 running clock halves. The directors enforced a mercy rule, limiting passing, when the EAST defense put
up 4-pick 6 scores and Brown's passing score. The game was played in the Dallas Cowboys Stadium
and his coach was former NFL Falcons QB, Isaac Ray. (Twitter/Facebook)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...own-Quarterback-Class-of-2013/212921872071911

Twitter - BoeingBrown13
Thanks for clarifying. Was confused I thought it was a real "all american" bowl. I looked up the OD Jr bowl seems like a real cool concept. They actually have a youth all american bowl. Great marketing and a way to get kids to go to there camps. You have to attend there camp to play in the games, but to get a chance to play at cowboys stadium seems worth the money. Very cool camp and showcase that allows kids that might not play in a all star game or at a NFL stadium a great experience .

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
anyone know if any other ct kids made that east team? i would think newsome would have a shot at that but hes only a soph.

Reaction Score
anyone know if any other ct kids made that east team? i would think newsome would have a shot at that but hes only a soph.

He could have played if he had gone to there camp. This will answer some questions. http://bowl.o-d.com/?page=faq. This was not a true all star game because the players were not selected on their high school year performance. I would think the nations leading rusher would be on the east team if this was a true JR All-American team. Still love the concept.

Reaction Score
Actually uconn1385, the Juniors were not selected by Camps, they were ELITE players selected by a committee as a true All-Star/All-American selection, some preference was made to those who camped with them, but the EAST team that Boeing Brown was on was made up of ELITE selections and INVITED exclusively as All-American's. Boeing Brown never attended an Offense-Defense Camp. So you are not correct. This selection was as a true All-Star nomination made by the O-D Bowl Selection committee of coaches reviewing players by film, game visits and combines. The YOUTH players were selected by Camp visits, such as Daron Bryden the young CT QB star.

Nearly all of the players on the Junior Showcase EAST and WEST team have a dozen offers or have committed to top Division 1 teams already and are premier players who were being looked at for the Senior Bowl in 2012.

"CONGRATULATIONS BOEING BROWN!!!

As a result of your ability on the football field, you've been selected by our national contingent of College and NFL Scouts as an Offense-Defense Preseason All-American! As Offense-Defense is the Oldest, Largest and most Trusted source in all things football, this is the highest honor awarded to a High School football Player. With over 382 past alumni in the NFL right now, this prestigious recognition brings with it more marquis instruction and extensive exposure than any other All-American Bowl Game, helping you gain coverage from such media outlets as Sports Illustrated, Athlon, Rivals, Scout, Takkle, and many others!

Your selection puts you in great company and you should be VERY proud of yourself! Previous O-D All-Americans include such stars as Cam Newton, Dez Bryant, Rolando McClain, Carlos Dunlap, Joe Haden, Golden Tate, and countless more! Your status among these greats will afford us the opportunity to promote you in the premier Football Magazine respected by all colleges – Athlon Sports - providing you unparallelled additional exposure to their recruiters. Furthermore, we can assist you with your recruiting process throughout, whenever you'd like free advice from experienced analysts and recruiters for the elite colleges. ...."
I am friends with his family and asked about this, the above is from the letter of nomination. It does not matter, but it was a significant opportunity for Boeing. It has no bearing to UCONN or this board, but was a great event in his recruiting.

Reaction Score
Kinda of a contradiction from what is stated on the OD website, but either way seems like a great experience.

Reaction Score
Very nice article on Boeing Brown and his All-American Bowl Game today in the Housatonic Times

http://www.housatonictimes.com/arti...4f070cd1109fe216571966.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Picture from Housatonic Times (1/6/12)

Uconn1385 - you cannot under-rate this achievement to try to minimize it as a camp effort, ALL of the All-American Bowl Games use their own Camps or Combines to select players, some do take ELITE players such as what happened for Brown in this event, I think it is a huge recognition for a good player and nice kid from Connecticut, who works very hard on the field and in school. He will prove to be a 4-Star recruit. I hope he goes UCONN and stays in home state, but he's getting a lot of attention from others.
  • Offense-Defense All-American - Takes Elites and O-D Camp players
  • US Army All-American - Takes Elites and Camp Players (FBU Camps)
  • Under-Armour All-American - Takes Elites and Combine Camp Players (Under-Armour Combines/Camps)
  • Semper Fidelis All-American - Takes all from Junior Rank Combine Camps and Tom Lemming Combines
  • NUC World Bowl Games - Takes all from National Underclassmen Combine Camps
  • Nike All-American - Takes all from NIKE/SPARQ combines and camps sponsored by Nike.

Attachments

• 100_4405.JPG
    100_4405.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
Reaction Score
CTFOOTBALL95- All I said was what is on the website. It is a great accomplishment for Brown and any other player that made this team. But like I said before I was confused and as I am with all in state kids was truly interested in weather he made a "All-American" team. After reading your first post and Brown's tweet where he calls it the "Junior Showcase Bowl" I went to the OD website and saw that it was for campers (see below it right off the web site). I did not attend to under rate Boeing Brown's accomplishments but just wanted to clarify if he was part of a all american team like the air force junior all american team. So congrats on being selected to play in the OD Junior All American Bowl and for being selected as a member of the U19 USA football team.

Who is invited to participate in Bowl Week?
Each Summer we give out several MVP and Performance awards at each of our 40+ camp locations. Those campers who win awards, in addition to our Elite Camp nominees, are invited (about 20% of total campers).

What is the difference between each game (Youth, Junior, Senior)?
The Youth All-American Bowlers will run the gamut from athletes as young as 7 years old to 14 years old. We will be breaking down this group of players into multiple, age-specific teams. Two teams of 7-and-8 year olds will play each other and so on up to the oldest age brackets of the Youth Bowlers. Junior Bowlers are comprised of Offense-Defense campers who are playing on the high school stage but are not yet eligible for Senior Bowl consideration. The Senior Bowlers are all, as you might expect, high school seniors, about to enter the collegiate ranks. The formats of the games themselves will be similar throughout.

Are there any eligibility concerns related to my child participating in the Junior Bowl?
Athletes are not chosen for participation in the Junior Bowl based on their performance during their high school team's season. Therefore, the event is not a true All-Star game.

Reaction Score
CTFOOTBALL95- All I said was what is on the website. It is a great accomplishment for Brown and any other player that made this team. But like I said before I was confused and as I am with all in state kids was truly interested in weather he made a "All-American" team. After reading your first post and Brown's tweet where he calls it the "Junior Showcase Bowl" I went to the OD website and saw that it was for campers (see below it right off the web site). I did not attend to under rate Boeing Brown's accomplishments but just wanted to clarify if he was part of a all american team like the air force junior all american team. So congrats on being selected to play in the OD Junior All American Bowl and for being selected as a member of the U19 USA football team.

Who is invited to participate in Bowl Week?
Each Summer we give out several MVP and Performance awards at each of our 40+ camp locations. Those campers who win awards, in addition to our Elite Camp nominees, are invited (about 20% of total campers).

What is the difference between each game (Youth, Junior, Senior)?
The Youth All-American Bowlers will run the gamut from athletes as young as 7 years old to 14 years old. We will be breaking down this group of players into multiple, age-specific teams. Two teams of 7-and-8 year olds will play each other and so on up to the oldest age brackets of the Youth Bowlers. Junior Bowlers are comprised of Offense-Defense campers who are playing on the high school stage but are not yet eligible for Senior Bowl consideration. The Senior Bowlers are all, as you might expect, high school seniors, about to enter the collegiate ranks. The formats of the games themselves will be similar throughout.

Are there any eligibility concerns related to my child participating in the Junior Bowl?
Athletes are not chosen for participation in the Junior Bowl based on their performance during their high school team's season. Therefore, the event is not a true All-

Reaction Score
CT football95 you should stop pretending you are not Boeing's dad , you are not helping him

Reaction Score
Gargargar, I'm not related to Boeing Brown, I'm Nick Schmidt, a family friend, business associate, and 1995 BHS grad, Brookfield I've been following and supporting Boeing for a long time, since he was in pop Warner. So im not sure of your point, but it kills me when I see false info or haters writing about good recruits. I personally know Boeing will go to a big time D1 school, he already has the offers. His family wants him to go UCONN, but he's getting more interest out of state. He does not read this board, his dad got frustrated at it and won't contribute further.

Reaction Score
Hey CTFootball95,

Is the U19 USA team the same that Graham Stewart played on last year? Very impressive!!!

Reaction Score
I am glad thats out . A close friend , well you should be ashamed of your self putting down Boeing's coaches , players, Casey C other QBs Boeing' dad Chris should have stopped you 3 months ago, you are not helping him A lot of big time coaches have there assistants combs theses blogs and know that it is someone in the family or close friend to the family making these remarks and trying to create competition where it does not exist for Boeing it only angers coaches at least the smart ones . help him work on what he realy needs to work on what those college coaches told him to work on HNY

Reaction Score
I do NOT speak for or represent Boeing Brown or his family! Work associates, not close. My opinions are my own, like many others here, I do defend perhaps too much. There are a lot haters on this board. Boeing is a great kid and hard worker. I respect Casey Cochran as a solid, very good passing QB.

STD

Reaction Score
LMAO!! You respect Casey? Come on you put him down all the time. Not to mention how you put the coaches and other brookfield players down. Are they not great people and hard workers? Just cause the other players do not get the press and attention that Brown does you can't slam them in these blogs and think people wouldn't be offended. Not a double standard!

STD

Reaction Score
Plus what offers? I have never seen so much press on one player in my life there is NO WAY any offer would not be reported. So who is posting false info?

Reaction Score
I have not negatively commented on any kids, especially Brookield. I think the Brookfield coaches did not do their best this year given the talent. It happens. I actually have complimented on other kids even citing that Casey and Boeing would make good teammates and challenge each other. If i have made any negtive comments about players, I'll be the first to apologize or clarify. Funny how annonoumous posts are so easily made yet unfounded. I have not been negative about Casey, Boeing or other players. I understand Casey and Boeing have trained together, thus I think they would have fun being on same team, etc. The Brookfield team should have been 7-2 and not 5-5, and in playoffs. The Brookfield kids are good kids, unfortunate losses this year, it happens. I know the Brookfield coaches and do respect them, too. Truth, you seem to be very new, trying to excite an argument, that's suspicious. As for offers, that is their (browns) business not mine, I respect their being private about it.

STD

Reaction Score
Cochran had one offer, BC and that got pulled, then he got UCONN late, he has really no other D1 offers...he has a cannon arm, pocket presense but has NEVER been tested and he will be in college. He runs a 5.0/40 and from what I have seen with UCONN all season, ya gotta be able to run, move and cannot hope to sit 2-4 seconds 20-yards deep in a pocket. Boeing Brown has the attention and offers, he will prove to be a great College QB in the right program, if it is UCONN and I hope it is, he will do very well! He has great speed, deals with pressure and no matter how much you think working with WR's during off season matters, if they have no heart and give up or drop easy passes that hit them in the hands, chest and even helmet, not much more the QB can do. His coaches call ridiculous and predictable plays over and over, they limit what he can do, they do not clearly know how to coach a stud D1 Quarterback, I bet they never have had one until know...they run 70%. Boeing is a clearly diciplined and good kid, I would not expect him to CHOOSE his team like others....Respect, Sportsmanship, Honor and Hardwork, that is what matters....skills, mechanics, speed, strength and integrity are all part of this kids character and upbringing. I hope we get him, he will be good for the team, the fans, and in winning!
CTFootball95, Nov 11, 2011Report

So saying that Brookfield's WR's have no heart and give up or drop easy passes that hit them in the hands, chest and even helmet is not a negative comment on any kids?!!

Reaction Score
For the record Brookfield ran 504 offensive plays in 2010, 347 were runs (70%). In 2011 they ran 475 offensive plays, 298 were runs (63%). Brown attempted 23 more pass in 2011 (170), then he did in 2010 (147). Therefore, his coaches gave him more opportunities to throw the ball this season. Unfortunately, his production dropped. It also took carries and production away from Leonta Gordon. Gordon had 16 less carries and 190 less yards in 2011. As I stated in another post on this subject, when Brown had more then 20 passing attempts in a game his completion percentage dipped. I believe Coach Angarano knows what he's doing. Boeing was a sophomore QB in 2010, so he leaned on his running game. Giving Brown his opportunities when they were presented. In 2011, he naturally gave his star QB more opportunities to make plays with his arm. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. I would have to believe, with Gordon graduating, Boeing will likely have over 200 attempts in 2012. We'll see what happens.

As for seeing him as a dual threat, I have to disagree. Boeing had 32 carries for 187 yards this season (We all know the runs of 50, 38, 17, and 15 skew those numbers). Cochran had 12 for 102. They play the same competition and whether people like it or not they are going to be compared against that competition. When you look at Brown's numbers he struggled against athletic secondaries and teams that bring pressure. Sorry, but that scares me.

Reactions: STD

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
casey akso had a offer from iowa fwiw

what a messy thread. i can see the love.

Reaction Score
CT footbal95 I googled your name and as 11/28/11 you worked for Christopher Browns company this took me 20 seconds to research and i have trouble spelling .I hope Christopher has a talk with you and tells you to stop pretending that you dont realy know the Browns also watch what you write on these blogs because a lot of it what you write is going to hurt Boeing's chances of getting his first big offer leave it up to his dad and his recruiting team. HNY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom