All about Geno at the ND Press Conference | The Boneyard

All about Geno at the ND Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm sure Altavilla was in the middle of the questions. He covers UConn WBB as if he were working for TMZ. LOL

Now, as for Muffet, of course she reads what Geno says. Who is she kidding? This is a coach who admitted that she wanted to know exactly who the 3 coaches were who voted UConn ahead of ND in a few of the coaches' polls.

John Altavilla@jaltavilla 9m Muffet: "And so that was a great motivational speech that I didn't have to give my team.That was something we did see." #bleedblue

John Altavilla@jaltavilla 12m
Muffet said she did not hear about that guarantee, but she had heard comments insinuating #UConnwomen would win the #BigEast tournament

John Altavilla@jaltavilla 14m
When told Geno guaranteed victory in the national semifinals last month at a chamber of commerce breakfast, Muffet's expression stiffened

John Altavilla@jaltavilla 16m
She says "Geno would like to try and get some things going, but it's not my nature to go back and forth. We do remain civil." #ndwbb

John Altavilla@jaltavilla 17m
Muffet McGraw said she tries not to read much of what Geno Auriemma says abou their intense rivalry "I try to stay away from controversy."

Reaction Score
Why tell Muffet about some month old quote delivered in a closed door setting? Seemed like nothing and now I'm sure Muffet with her chip on her shoulder to begin with will use it for motivation.

Reaction Score
ND does not want to see the new and improved UCONN team on Sunday night.

Reaction Score
Why tell Muffet about some month old quote delivered in a closed door setting? Seemed like nothing and now I'm sure Muffet with her chip on her shoulder to begin with will use it for motivation.
I agree with the first part but I'm not sure N.D. is going to need any motivation for this game.... neither will UCONN. I can't wait. I'm going to bed at 8:00 so tomorrow will get here sooner.

Reaction Score
If Muffet needs a quote from Geno a month old to motivate her team then Notre Dame is in more trouble then I thought.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I agree with the first part but I'm not sure N.D. is going to need any motivation for this game.... neither will UCONN. I can't wait. I'm going to bed at 8:00 so tomorrow will get here sooner.
I tried that as a kid for Christmas. It only made for the longest night ever.

Reaction Score
If anyone needs motivation for the national semifinal, they are already a lost cause...

Reaction Score
Ah yes - the venerable question - does bulletin board fodder make a difference? Perhaps only in changing the manner of dead ball (e.g. "and 1's") & post-game celebrations?

I always harken back to the great, oft-played Bill Parcells quote when asked about such things before THE GAME:

"Motivate! Are you kidding me? This is the Super Bowl. If you can't get up for this game then you oughtta take a hike."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom