All AAC Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All AAC Team

Reaction Score
Honestly, Jalen is top 5 in terms of talent, but I don't think he deserves a spot on that list over Clark, Evans, or Milton. He was a victim of circumstance, yes, but his turnovers made him fairly inefficient.

Dotson may not be a household name, but he deserves it. 17.4 PPG and 5.7 WS on 61.4% TS and a 127 ORtg. He was phenomenal and unlike his teammate Gray, can D up.

Jeremy Sheppard over Vital is a joke. Sheppard was flat out bad on offense and Vital is no defensive slouch.

Evans averaged 10-3-2 on 40% shooting in conference. Those aren't good numbers.

Reaction Score
Did KJ play at all in league play?

I think it was one game in conference, against Tulane. He played in 10 games up til early January. He missed games here and there throughout November and December, and decided to apply for a redshirt.

In hindsight, I guess I should of done some looking into it before spouting my displeasure on the board. Do conference honors go towards conference stats only? If so, he didn't play the majority of the conference schedule.

Reaction Score
Evans averaged 10-3-2 on 40% shooting in conference. Those aren't good numbers.
That's fair.

Adams had a 97.5 ORtg in conference. That's awful. It's amazing that Clark didn't even make second team. Feel really bad for him. These things really put zero stock into defense or efficiency.

Reaction Score
Oh wow that's a travesty. Clark's a damn beast. His advanced stats are among the best in the conference, pretty much across the board. He's second in rebound percentage, second in defensive rating, fourth in offensive rating, eighth in true shooting%, fifth in PER, first in box +/-, second in wins shares per minute, etc. And then you watch him play and you're even more impressed. Terrific interior passer, can guard all five positions, lion on the glass, has developed a three point shot, etc. Caupain being on the second team over him is like Brimah being there over him.

Objectively speaking, is 10.4 points and 8.6 rebounds on 50% shooting and 2nd in rebounding %, 2nd in defensive rating, 4th in offensive rating, 8th in adj shooting %, first in +/-, and second in win shares/min really that much better/any better than:

8.6 points and 7.8 rebounds on 62% shooting 1st in rebounding, 1st in defensive rating, 1st in adj shooting, 4th in +/-, and 6th in win shares?

I don't think anyone is saying Tacko Fall not being on either team is a travesty, and its darn near identical numbers.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Dotson and Gray???!! No Clark???! Not only is the officiating in this league sucks but voting perspective is off base, btw- congrats Jalen. Well Done. Deserved. IMHO

Reaction Score
Hearing Semi Ojeleye player of the year. Not surprising. Surprise is KJ Lawson as rookie of the year. OK not neccessarily surprising, but leaves me feeling bitter. See my previous thoughts in this thread.

Reaction Score
Objectively speaking, is 10.4 points and 8.6 rebounds on 50% shooting and 2nd in rebounding %, 2nd in defensive rating, 4th in offensive rating, 8th in adj shooting %, first in +/-, and second in win shares/min really that much better/any better than:

8.6 points and 7.8 rebounds on 62% shooting 1st in rebounding, 1st in defensive rating, 1st in adj shooting, 4th in +/-, and 6th in win shares?

I don't think anyone is saying Tacko Fall not being on either team is a travesty, and its darn near identical numbers.

I wouldn't have had a problem with Fall making one of the teams, but I don't think it's a great comparison for a couple reasons. One, Clark's one of the best passers at his position in the country. The 2 assists per game is impressive in its own right, but he also racks up a lot of hockey assists out of the post. Fall's assist to turnover ratio is about 1 to 6 and he hasn't done much to keep a pretty dreadful above water because he can't create anything. He's not so unlike Brimah.

Second, Clark played four more minutes per game (doesn't sound like much, but amounts to almost 100 minutes over the course of a conference schedule) for a far better team, posting an offensive rating of 122 and a defensive rating of 87. Fall is at 102 and 91. That's a huge difference.

They dominate in different ways defensively. Offensively, Clark is far more sophisticated. Fall would have had a better case based on his non-conference stats.

Reaction Score
I also think Fall as the defensive player of the year is with a lot of caveats. If the criteria is only guarding the basket then i would not have an issue with it. However, he can't guard a guy out on the floor and that's one of the reasons against better shooting teams he comes out. A big guy who can shoot on the perimeter he cannot guard. He's nice to have, but they didn't have ncaa tourney qualifications in large part because his game does not translate to types of situations and teams.

Reaction Score
I also think Fall as the defensive player of the year is with a lot of caveats. If the criteria is only guarding the basket then i would not have an issue with it. However, he can't guard a guy out on the floor and that's one of the reasons against better shooting teams he comes out. A big guy who can shoot on the perimeter he cannot guard. He's nice to have, but they didn't have ncaa tourney qualifications in large part because his game does not translate to types of situations and teams.

Don't agree with this. They aren't going to the tournament because their offense is horrendous.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

So you know you just described Brimah.

Former defensive player of the year. Caveats? Ymmv

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom