All AAC Team

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_1807.JPG

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It appears that Clark isn't on the second team either, they went with Kyle Washington and Caupain instead.

Reaction Score
Cinci deserved a player on the 1st team. They have 4 guys who are all-league caliber, maybe they took votes from each other? This is a small scale grievance but Cinci does seem to get overlooked time and time again. I'm sure it will happen again in some fashion next year even though they seem to be bringing back a bear of a team.

Reaction Score
This isn't one of those where the mvp is not on the regular team? I think i would take Gary Clark over any guy on that team. Nothing like giving a guy a reason to show folks at a conference tourney. Ha.

Reaction Score
This isn't one of those where the mvp is not on the regular team? I think i would take Gary Clark over any guy on that team. Nothing like giving a guy a reason to show folks at a conference tourney. Ha.
I think this is your answer. No way that guy isn't on the 1st or 2nd team.

Reaction Score
It appears that Clark isn't on the second team either, they went with Kyle Washington and Caupain instead.

Oh wow that's a travesty. Clark's a damn beast. His advanced stats are among the best in the conference, pretty much across the board. He's second in rebound percentage, second in defensive rating, fourth in offensive rating, eighth in true shooting%, fifth in PER, first in box +/-, second in wins shares per minute, etc. And then you watch him play and you're even more impressed. Terrific interior passer, can guard all five positions, lion on the glass, has developed a three point shot, etc. Caupain being on the second team over him is like Brimah being there over him.

Reaction Score
Surprised that Jalen made it.

Dotson over Gary Clark?

I don't think so.

As good as we know Clark is, he simply isn't asked to do as much as he's capable of on the stacked Cincy team, aside from dirty work. So his numbers are only 10/8, whereas Dotson's are 17/7.

Reaction Score
Oh wow that's a travesty. Clark's a damn beast. His advanced stats are among the best in the conference, pretty much across the board. He's second in rebound percentage, second in defensive rating, fourth in offensive rating, eighth in true shooting%, fifth in PER, first in box +/-, second in wins shares per minute, etc. And then you watch him play and you're even more impressed. Terrific interior passer, can guard all five positions, lion on the glass, has developed a three point shot, etc. Caupain being on the second team over him is like Brimah being there over him.

Exactly my point from above ^. They are probably just looking at more raw stats when making these selections.

Reaction Score
To do that is to basically ignore defense in the equation which is crazy. I thought maybe the mvp didn't get name to a team as i would take him with anybody in the league to build a team around. Who votes, coaches?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Do they do a most improved? Gotta like Jalen or Facey in that one.

Reaction Score
Honestly, Jalen is top 5 in terms of talent, but I don't think he deserves a spot on that list over Clark, Evans, or Milton. He was a victim of circumstance, yes, but his turnovers made him fairly inefficient.

Dotson may not be a household name, but he deserves it. 17.4 PPG and 5.7 WS on 61.4% TS and a 127 ORtg. He was phenomenal and unlike his teammate Gray, can D up.

Jeremy Sheppard over Vital is a joke. Sheppard was flat out bad on offense and Vital is no defensive slouch.

Reaction Score
ummmm...KJ Lawson on the all-rookie team? Is that a joke? The dude played half the season last year. Rookie should be a true rookie, not a "redshirt rookie" who played the previous season.

Reaction Score
If there is any positive takeaway this season it's that our mostly uninjured freshmen got extra minutes and thrown into bigger roles. That added experience will hopefully pay dividends and add to our depth moving forward. I personally think Vital was more deserving than Jackson of making the rookie team. Also, wouldn't have Adams on 1st team but I'm happy for him.

Reaction Score
ummmm...KJ Lawson on the all-rookie team? Is that a joke? The dude played half the season last year. Rookie should be a true rookie, not a "redshirt rookie" who played the previous season.
I'm sure nobody here will complain when Alterique is on the team next year.

Reaction Score
I'm sure nobody here will complain when Alterique is on the team next year.
I think spudz is more upset at the 10 games he played last yr. Alterique only played in 2.5. Kind of different

Reaction Score
I get the ruling, technically KJ Lawson is a Redshirt Freshman, AG will be a redshirt freshman - both in the same category, and when going for Rookie awards, you don't take in consideration the timing of the redshirt, could be 0 games, could be 2.5, or could be all 10/11 your allowed (based on GP %). Just sucks that a guy goes the max allotted % of games to redshirt, and gets awarded something he possibly could of gotten last year. In the larger scope of things, its not a big deal. Just odd to see his name there at first glance.

Reaction Score
I get the ruling, technically KJ Lawson is a Redshirt Freshman, AG will be a redshirt freshman - both in the same category, and when going for Rookie awards, you don't take in consideration the timing of the redshirt, could be 0 games, could be 2.5, or could be all 10/11 your allowed (based on GP %). Just sucks that a guy goes the max allotted % of games to redshirt, and gets awarded something he possibly could of gotten last year. In the larger scope of things, its not a big deal. Just odd to see his name there at first glance.
Did KJ play at all in league play?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom