All 5 UCONN Starters Invited to the Combine | The Boneyard

All 5 UCONN Starters Invited to the Combine

Reaction Score
We all have our own favorite husky team. Each one is so special in it's own right. The dream team, the 09 final 4 team, other teams that didn't win it all. And the super 6.

The media judges the 24 team like it is easily the greatest from Uconn. Us Uconn fans we have our own biases, and rightly so. The media doesn't have the favorite child dilemma like we do. But yes, the 24 team was ridiculous at all phases of the game.

Reaction Score
We’re going to look back in a few years and be even more amazed at this team than we already are

Potentially ALL FIVE STARTERS sent to the NBA. WOW.
Yeah I have a feeling this mini era will be looked at the same way people now look at 16-18 Nova… i.e., with all those pros, how could they NOT bulldoze everyone?

Reaction Score
Yeah I have a feeling this mini era will be looked at the same way people now look at 16-18 Nova… i.e., with all those pros, how could they NOT bulldoze everyone?

Nova really is the best analogue. 5 straight top 6 seasons including 2 nattys. Impactful transfers, lights out offense and amazing internal development. Granted, we have done it better, so far, but that Nova era was pretty incredible.

Side note, it’s kinda weird to see guys at the combine like Kalkbrenner who have already announced they are coming back.

Reaction Score
And to think, not 14 months ago, Hurley was at risk of being on the hot seat as we trailed Iona at halftime!
Ha!!! So true. And look at these numbers. Alone, they are stunning- together, they are mindblowing:

2 rings in row +
8 out of last 8 starters all go to combine + 100% of our rotation recruits stay with program (crazy in portal era) +
DH turns down highest $$$$ in college sports history +
All of our Coaches stay put

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Blue Blood scorecard:
UConn = 5
Kentucky = 4
Duke = 2
Kansas = 2
UCLA = 1
Indiana = 1
UNC = 1

fwiw,
ACC = 11
BE = 10
Pac10 = 9
SEC = 7
B1G = 6
B12 = 6

Adding, simply because I noted the non-Blue Bloods with 2 or more:

Creighton (3)
Colorado (3)
Virginia
Arizona
Baylor
Marquette
USC
Alabama
Illinois

I might have missed something because I wrote nothing down, and relied on shirt term memory.

That might account for your showing 10 for BE, by omitting Devin Carter.

Reaction Score
Anyone here remember the 2006 NBA Draft? When 5 UConn players were drafted, 4 in the first round and the last at 40 in the second. I don’t think we will have that many in the first but there is a real chance they all go.

I don’t know about other UConn fans but I spent this entire season thinking about the 05-06 UConn team. That year we were stacked and we were dominating. Non conference undefeated, only lost 2 big East regular season games, losing a 3rd in the big east tourney. I was convinced we would win it all. Stopped short by a George Mason team that caught fire. That loss was the worst loss I’ve experienced as a UConn fan. George Mason went on to play their next game in the Final Four, against Florida, and lost. Florida won the tourney and become the first back to back champs since Duke. We should have been there instead. Hurley, this year, more than paid us fans back for that loss.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And to think, not 14 months ago, Hurley was at risk of being on the hot seat as we trailed Iona at halftime!

We were “all” thinking it.

At most a half dozen were thinking it and only a couple of that half dozen were willing to actually post their thoughts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom