Aliyah Boston Article | The Boneyard

Aliyah Boston Article

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her coach speaks:

“She’s really improved on every facet of her game from outside shooting... her confidence around the rim. Her timing on shot blocking is really unprecedented. Her ability to see the court and game manage as a post player and help her teammates has improved… She’s very intuitive and can figure out defense. She’s really a force in the middle that other players will shy away from going to the basket when Aliyah’s in the middle.”

When it comes to weaknesses, Levin can’t pinpoint one in particular. She believes Boston needs to continue improving because her ceiling is still very high. Boston is constantly working on a variety of areas from post moves to outside shooting to free throw shooting and defense. And while she’s already talented at blocking shots, Levin said she thinks she can get even better at it.

“That’s a difficult [question] because I don’t see a weakness,” Levin said. “When I see her up against people at her level I see how she can dominate and I see how there’s always room for improvement, but one area would be hard. We always talk about demanding the ball, which could be a good thing as well, is she’s very unselfish so she’ll always look to find the other players and there are times when I have to say ‘No, no, no, this is your ball here and if it’s one-on-one coverage I don’t want you to be passing the ball.’”

Coach weighs in on UConn basketball recruit Aliyah Boston following high school star's campus visit

Reaction Score
Her coach speaks:

“She’s really improved on every facet of her game from outside shooting... her confidence around the rim. Her timing on shot blocking is really unprecedented. Her ability to see the court and game manage as a post player and help her teammates has improved… She’s very intuitive and can figure out defense. She’s really a force in the middle that other players will shy away from going to the basket when Aliyah’s in the middle.”

When it comes to weaknesses, Levin can’t pinpoint one in particular. She believes Boston needs to continue improving because her ceiling is still very high. Boston is constantly working on a variety of areas from post moves to outside shooting to free throw shooting and defense. And while she’s already talented at blocking shots, Levin said she thinks she can get even better at it.

“That’s a difficult [question] because I don’t see a weakness,” Levin said. “When I see her up against people at her level I see how she can dominate and I see how there’s always room for improvement, but one area would be hard. We always talk about demanding the ball, which could be a good thing as well, is she’s very unselfish so she’ll always look to find the other players and there are times when I have to say ‘No, no, no, this is your ball here and if it’s one-on-one coverage I don’t want you to be passing the ball.’”

Coach weighs in on UConn basketball recruit Aliyah Boston following high school star's campus visit
According to the NEW GENO think shot, then pass. Frosh, nice kids, tend to pass when they have the shot. CD will if Boston has half the characteristics this coach applies to Boston will make a superb Center out of that (hopefully) incoming frosh. Sir Rock of Assiniboine.Cree Country thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall
Top Bottom