Alford to IU? | The Boneyard

Alford to IU?

Reaction Score
Don't like that hire for them. Donovan, Marshall and Mack are all better options IMO.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm kinda high but this entire post sounds like one boy band member left to join another competing boy band.

How does this post not have like 32 likes by now?

Reaction Score
Because you have a man crush on the poster? Good for you but as far as other folk, IMO, the post is meh...

Reaction Score
My IU buddy says Donovan and his wife flew into a tiny airport today near Bloomington so he's holding out hope but Gottlieb said Alford is a done deal.

Reaction Score
No brainier for both sides, the boosters and former players hated Crean, they will love bringing Alford home.

Reaction Score
UCLA will lose a large part of their team this offseason, so now seems like decent timing

Reaction Score
UCLA will lose a large part of their team this offseason, so now seems like decent timing

UCLA isn't the type of program you leave because of talent departing. They bring in studs next year, as they will continue to do every year. I think Alford knows that he isn't a great fit and isn't exactly beloved in Westwood. Plus, the obvious IU connection would be hard for anyone to pass up.

Reaction Score
Steve Alford to ESPN: "I am Absolutely 100 percent not going to Indiana. Staying at UCLA. I am happy. Love it here. Have a great class coming in, and brand-new practice facility. Obviously, I love my alma mater. Committed to UCLA. I am not going to talk to Indiana. I am staying a Bruin."

Link

Reaction Score
Steve Alford to ESPN: "I am Absolutely 100 percent not going to Indiana. Staying at UCLA. I am happy. Love it here. Have a great class coming in, and brand-new practice facility. Obviously, I love my alma mater. Committed to UCLA. I am not going to talk to Indiana. I am staying a Bruin."

Link

I've always been a side Indiana fan and I hope this is true. Some experts are already saying it's a done deal and obviously lots of coaches have changed their tune after saying this. Alford is not a great coach and he's also a giant . I know that Donovan visited IU the other day so there's at least some mutual interest. If they could swing Marshall, IU would become a monster again. That guy slays with marginal talent. If he gets some players, could be a major resurgence imo.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've always been a side Indiana fan and I hope this is true. Some experts are already saying it's a done deal and obviously lots of coaches have changed their tune after saying this. Alford is not a great coach and he's also a giant . I know that Donovan visited IU the other day so there's at least some mutual interest. If they could swing Marshall, IU would become a monster again. That guy slays with marginal talent. If he gets some players, could be a major resurgence imo.
IU will get Marshall and the AAC will invite Wichita State immediately after.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've always been a side Indiana fan and I hope this is true. Some experts are already saying it's a done deal and obviously lots of coaches have changed their tune after saying this.

So wait, it's not just insiders on the boneyard??

Reaction Score
Fishy liked one of my posts 3 1/2 years ago! I'm still feeling blessed! :)
I just threw you a like. It doesn't mean a darn thing but maybe you get 30 seconds of euphoria out of it. If so, you are welcome. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom