Alex's shot | The Boneyard

Alex's shot

Reaction Score
I think nothing to worry about---just a mini slump. Hes got a lot of motion in his jumper and tends to shoot 3-4 feet behind the line. I think 2-3 corner toes on line 3's in a quicker release will knock him right back to his old self. Hes smart and a worker. i thought the 3 effected his whole game today and that did not happen last game

Reaction Score
I think nothing to worry about---just a mini slump. Hes got a lot of motion in his jumper and tends to shoot 3-4 feet behind the line. I think 2-3 corner toes on line 3's in a quicker release will knock him right back to his old self. Hes smart and a worker. i thought the 3 effected his whole game today and that did not happen last game
No one tougher on him than himself. Not worried about Alex.

Reaction Score
I'm a little worried, two games in a row with no made three's.
Was really hoping he could drain one in garbage time - to put him in a better mind set.
But if anyone can bounce back it's Alex.

Reaction Score
The hang, pause at the top of the shot wasn't there.
Saving the real stuff vs Kansas. No one is better,smarter than AK.
CLUTCH.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I'm a little worried because the shot is not just missing, it's off. He's missing left a bunch, the shot isn't on line. And it's been 3 games of it. Including the Texas game. The Texas game he shot well to start and then he started having these same issues, but did make 1 at the end.

The announcer was talking about the spin on the ball, but from my memory that's always been there. He has that Lonzo Ball style release where he brings the ball up on the left side and then brings it back right to shoot it, and that puts some strange spin sometimes. But it's always gone in.

Feels like he probably just needs to shoot it out, but maybe he has to watch some tape of how he shot before and make sure he's not changed something accidentally in his recent form. But the thinking and mental stuff can get out of control if he's not careful.

Reaction Score
Not worried.
This all started in the game where he appeared with a wrap on his hand, clearly has hindered his shot release some. I just want to see him get involved in other ways if it's not working. He should be flashing to the FT line consistently, he's perfect for that role (so is Castle).

He'll take 300 3's a day this week and will be right for Phog.

Reaction Score
He shot 40% from three last season on pretty decent volume. He was shooting about 38% before last night. Water will find its level. Which means he's about to go on a tear from three. Hopefully it starts this Friday.

Reaction Score
I think he actually shoots better under pressure, clock winding down than wide open but players have off games being human and all. They are not machines.

Reaction Score
This all started in the game where he appeared with a wrap on his hand, clearly has hindered his shot release some.
He was shooting 38% from three before last night and has had a wrap on his left hand this entire season. See the highlights from the first game this season.

Reaction Score
If the game is on the line he is the GUY to take the shot. He’s delivered in the biggest spot for 2 years, he is fine.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Who knows, maybe there's something wrong, but literally every good shooter goes through stretches with lots of misses. That's the nature of shooting.

Reaction Score
He was shooting 38% from three before last night and has had a wrap on his left hand this entire season. See the highlights from the first game this season.

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the wrap until the Texas game.

Reaction Score
He's better when he doesn't have as much time to think. Thinking is usually a negative in a fast-paced sports. He's better when he needs to shoot quickly. More instinctual. You get less time to think when playing better teams.

Reaction Score

Disagree with the last sentence, I thought he had some great takes to the hoop, played some great defense, had hustle-plays until the end (the dive for the loose ball where he got called for a suspect foul as a reward).

Wouldn't surprise me if he went out after the post-game and got in 300+ more shots to try to work things out. Kid is a relentless worker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom