OT: - Alexis Yetna Transferring | The Boneyard

OT: Alexis Yetna Transferring

Reaction Score

This would fill a void if all seniors decide to move on. Also went to Putnam Science.

Season 8 Yes GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
Would be a HUGE get for us. He is going to have a ton of high major interest so it seems unlikely, but I am all for it.

Reaction Score

Six USF players have transferred within the last 48 hours. Currently six scholarship players remain.

On that note, I would love Yetna. Absolute load down low and has a surprisingly decent outside game (career 34.6 3p% in 130 attempts).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember seeing him play against UConn and he was a monster. Seemed like he could score at will.

I would take him in a minute.

I am not sure how he compares to Tre Mitchell, so anyone else's input would be welcome as to whether one would be better than the other for the needs of the program.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing him play against UConn and he was a monster. Seemed like he could score at will.

I am not sure how he compares to Tre Mitchell, so anyone else's input would be welcome as to whether one would be better than the other for the needs of the program.
I would take Yetna over Mitchell any day. Both are solid players, but I personally think Yetna’s ceiling is infinitely higher. With a good coach in a good system I think he has the potential to be something really special. Just one person’s opinion, tho.

Reaction Score

Tre Mitchell is a better player, but also makes him less of a fit since we have Sanogo here. I think you can sell Yetna on playing next to Sanogo which isn't the case with Mitchell

Reaction Score
I would take Yetna over Mitchell any day. Both are solid players, but I personally think Yetna’s ceiling is infinitely higher. With a good coach in a good system I think he has the potential to be something really special. Just one person’s opinion, tho.
He has one year of eligibility, right? Would still take.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
moar to come, pantloads moar to come:
'feels like, with all these bodies available, that the 'im staying/im outta here' chapter will be followed by the 'new york nets style' management chapter as it rolls out. dream team visions adorn many, many coach's clipboards...'

for the record, i like mr 'yes-now.'
oh, and also for the record, i did the 'scoop, there it is' thing looong ago. crickets.
timing is everything. twas ever thus. lol.

Reaction Score
I will admit I have never seen Tre Mitchell play, but I know he was a highly touted recruit out of Suffield.

Yeah, I am not a scout either, but despite Tre Mitchell's gaudy numbers, from what I read on this board he is slow footed on the defensive end and can’t play the 4 defensively. Yetna, was a beast in AAC play and gave UConn all kinds of trouble and seems like he is better match on the defensive end and his offense is good.

Reaction Score
He has one year of eligibility, right? Would still take.
2. Would get an injury waiver for redshirt in 2020.

Still a beast this year. Tried stretching to 3 and that didn't go that well, though. But on the boards and in the paint he's still a monster.

His latest injury was ankle and that doesn't concern me too much.

Reaction Score
2. Would get an injury waiver for redshirt in 2020.

Still a beast this year. Tried stretching to 3 and that didn't go that well, though. But on the boards and in the paint he's still a monster.
that's was my lasting memory of him before moving to the Big East, was that he was a beast in the paint and defensively.

Reaction Score
Pure speculation but I would imagine a player of his caliber isn't going to want to come to a program with a talented, crowded frontcourt. I like him as a player but assuming Akok returns to his old self Yetna would likely be the 4th big on the depth chart, depending on how Samson performs.

Reaction Score
Pure speculation but I would imagine a player of his caliber isn't going to want to come to a program with a talented, crowded frontcourt. I like him as a player but assuming Akok returns to his old self Yetna would likely be the 4th big on the depth chart, depending on how Samson performs.
I don't think that's a concrete thing to assume and Yetna would be way ahead of Samson on the depth chart. Sanogo and him might be a little too similar as players, so maybe fit is a concern. But not depth chart.

Reaction Score
Understandable, but the point stands. We can't guarantee him a starting spot while many other high majors can, even without explicitly saying so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom