Alexa Middleton | The Boneyard

Alexa Middleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
According to Keil Moore and Brandon Clay tweet

Alexa Middleton has verbally committed to Tennessee. Not sure if anyone was surprised by this, she is from Tennessee.

Reaction Score
This is a recruit they could use since she is a nice player who could ultimately step into Massengale or Simmons's role Plus they haven't signed anyone yet. So all the Orange Hens have been sqwauking more than usual. This should get them off the ledge for a bit

That said......let's not make a bit deal about landing a 4star local kid. To recruit Holdsclaw out of NYC was impressive - tho I may add it was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO - but getting a Tenn HS kid to commit and be oh so impressed that she didnt end up at Kentucky says how far their recruiting strength has deteriorated

Oh for the days when I could get myself all revved up over The Orange Menace. Wake me when they make a gallant run to the Final 8 :)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
With Simmons leaving after this year. Tennessee needed another guard. With Massengale and Carter I don't see her playing much point next year.

Reaction Score
This is a recruit they could use since she is a nice player who could ultimately step into Massengale or Simmons's role Plus they haven't signed anyone yet. So all the Orange Hens have been sqwauking more than usual. This should get them off the ledge for a bit

That said......let's not make a bit deal about landing a 4star local kid. To recruit Holdsclaw out of NYC was impressive - tho I may add it was SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO - but getting a Tenn HS kid to commit and be oh so impressed that she didnt end up at Kentucky says how far their recruiting strength has deteriorated

Oh for the days when I could get myself all revved up over The Orange Menace. Wake me when they make a gallant run to the Final 8 :)
Last year they landed the #1 player in the country, who happens to be from clear across the country in Oregon. With her and Graves they will be good the next 4 years, and they should be top ten this year. I'm a big Uconn fan, but don't think TN is going to fade into the night. They will never become Old Dominion.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Last year they landed the #1 player in the country, who happens to be from clear across the country in Oregon. With her and Graves they will be good the next 4 years, and they should be top ten this year. I'm a big Uconn fan, but don't think TN is going to fade into the night. They will never become Old Dominion.
But will they be "Tennessee" again?

Top ten is very good. But it's not top two.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think this years team will be the best since Parker team. As long as no big injuries happen this team should be very good.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think this years team will be the best since Parker team. As long as no big injuries happen this team should be very good.
Like Tony, you say the same thing every year. Only in his case, he has a shot to be right.

Better than the 2009-10 team that went 32-3? They had two AA players in Bjorklund and Stricklen. Who will be an AA on this years team?

No team goes without injuries. You just have to hope they are minor.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Last season Simmons and Graves were AA. I think they will again. Adding Russell gives a needed post. She will make a difference especially on defense. I think she has a very good chance to be freshman of the year.

Reaction Score
When you spend the most money on your program it's no great achievement in attracting top level players and Tenn has had lots of talent the last 5 years. As long as Hart keeps the $$$ spigots open they will continue to draw HS AA's to Knoxville. Whether this coaching staff has the ability to put them back on top is another question.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Last season Simmons and Graves were AA. I think they will again. Adding Russell gives a needed post. She will make a difference especially on defense. I think she has a very good chance to be freshman of the year.

There are all-Americans and then there are ALL-AMERICANS. But, technically, you are correct.

Talent wise, next years team is not as talented as the 2009-10 team was. Are you saying Warlick is a better coach than Pat was?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think one difference with this years team and the '09-'10 team. Is this years team has a true point guard. That maybe what the '09-'10 lacked. Also Russell and Harrison are both more athletic and faster than Cain and Brewer. Graves had a nice freshman year. I think she will be better this year.

Reaction Score
With Simmons leaving after this year. Tennessee needed another guard. With Massengale and Carter I don't see her playing much point next year.

Simmons is a senior this coming year?!? Wow, she still plays like a freshman...

Reaction Score
You really should be posting this stuff on the Summitt, where it will be believed. Graves is a legit good player, but it's misleading to call her AA without stating "honorable Mention or freshman." And Simmons - How does an AA not make the U19 team? Since Burdick & Harrison also didn't make the cut, they may have an opportunity to spend the summer working together and thereby all show immense improvement next year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Is Lucas from Penn State one of the best guards in the country? She didn't make it.

Reaction Score
Some of the Vol fans aren't excited about Middleton because they see as her another guard along lines of a Shanna Zolman/Taber Spani spot up 3 pointer shooting guard who wasn't athletic enough to do anything else on the court.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Is Lucas from Penn State one of the best guards in the country? She didn't make it.
Lucus is a top ten guard. But a top 3 shooter. I haven't analyzed the roster to see who they took over her. My guess is her size and defensive liabilities plus the talent of the kids coming in did her in.

Not sure what Simmons is. She certainly is as fast as anyone. But a player not know for her team play won't cut it in USA basketball, where its all about sacrificing your own stats (and ego) for the good of the team.

Simmons has a chance to show that she can do that as a senior for Tennessee. They could do some damage and get to that elusive final four if she does.

Reaction Score
Last year they landed the #1 player in the country, who happens to be from clear across the country in Oregon. With her and Graves they will be good the next 4 years, and they should be top ten this year. I'm a big Uconn fan, but don't think TN is going to fade into the night. They will never become

Russell was from OREGON. What tough local school were the Vols battling?
Go into Georgia and pluck MM. Go into Texas and recruit MJ. That would impress
me.

And if becoming Old Dominion means not making the FF for 5 years - almost
A half decade :) - well then Tennessee = Old Dominion... But with easier entrance
Criteria

E

Not sure if that last stat is true but it probably is. Not talking Vandy here:)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Russell had Tennessee and Louisville as her final two. She chose Tennessee.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Lucus is a top ten guard. But a top 3 shooter. I haven't analyzed the roster to see who they took over her. My guess is her size and defensive liabilities plus the talent of the kids coming in did her in.

Not sure what Simmons is. She certainly is as fast as anyone. But a player not know for her team play won't cut it in USA basketball, where its all about sacrificing your own stats (and ego) for the good of the team.

Simmons has a chance to show that she can do that as a senior for Tennessee. They could do some damage and get to that elusive final four if she does.
I think that is a fair assessment, DD. it was nice to see Agee make a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom