Alex Oriakhi was blindsided by Drummond news | The Boneyard

Alex Oriakhi was blindsided by Drummond news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
AO's positive attitude is so important. The way he is welcoming AD sets a model for the other established players (SN, RS, NG, TO, MB, EW) to deal with the new players and the "threats" to playing time or attention. What a great kid! The "team first" attitude will be as, or even more, important this year as last.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
When i first read the title of the thread, i thought it was going to be some kind of unfavorable news - something like AO was displeased in some way... glad it was not.

Anyway, those are just some great comments by Alex. i love that kid. not only a great attitude, but a real warrior in the post. i'm not ready to call him an Adrien/Freeman type of warrior yet but he still has 2 years to go if he stays all 4, which i hope he does...

Reaction Score
How could you not love AO? SUCH a great attitude and always puts the team first. He has really become one of my favorite Huskies in a short period of time.

Reaction Score
How could you not love AO? SUCH a great attitude and always puts the team first. He has really become one of my favorite Huskies in a short period of time.
I was relieved to find out AO was not hanging with Jamal Coombs-McDaniel @ 11:30 PM/Merritt Hall during the first night of Spring Weekend. So we lose Jamal Coombs-McDaniel and bring in DD as a result. I say we come out smelling like a fresh cut rose. :D

Reaction Score
If Alex plays the way he played the last 10 games, his contribution is being totally underrated. He could have a Thabeet like impact on this team. He was fantastic in the paint, rebounds, the whole shebang. If he could put a season like that together, he's a first rounder. If Faried got drafted that highly, why not Alex?

Reaction Score
AO has got the right attitude. Love to hear about things like that.

I didn't know that AD called him for JC's #.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"It doesn't bother me at all that he's coming," Oriakhi said. "I want to win another championship. That's what's important to me."

This says it all!

And we would like to see it happen as well.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that when Jamal Coombs-McDaniel left, I was not sure how AO would react, since they've been friends since grade school i believe...but he's got a great attitude and I think we'll see him improve his overall game and benefit from AD in the lineup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom