Alex Oriakhi Butler Game | The Boneyard

Alex Oriakhi Butler Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alex had some really good games for us last year including a dominating performance against Tristan Thompson when Oriakhi grabbed 21 boards on him. He was also beastly in the game against Butler in the championship game where he had a double double, but that was against Butler whose players are chumps in general. The media was talking about how the Butler front court had an advantage on the UConn front court and I was chuckling to myself because I knew Butler was awful, slow, and unathletic, and that there was no way their front court would score on okwandu and oriakhi. I don't know if we'll see AO be that good this year because Drummond has the ball in the post now, and Alex doesn't know how to play at the 4, and doesn't know how to move without the ball like Olander. His post game is cringe worthy as well. Hopefully, I am proven wrong, but Roscoe and Olander are better suited for this team I believe. They are more mobile and fluid in their games, and can play off the ball.

Reaction Score
If UConn ever goes up against UNC or Kentucky, Alex will definitely need to be an important player. Those teams' length and athleticism would probably overwhelm Tyler or Roscoe down low. Alex will play a big role as the season progresses, particularly when UConn starts facing teams with bigger, longer and deeper front lines. Yes, Alex might not be as fluid on offense, but his defensive ability can't be overlooked, when he is active.

Reaction Score
He needs to get out of his head. He proved he can do it last year. Some players never can like Sticks but I think AO will come around. When we play bigger teams that like to bang he will see more minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom