2021 Recruiting: - Alex O'Connell - Duke Guard - Is transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Alex O'Connell - Duke Guard - Is transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny how you don't watch 40 minutes of basketball for other teams and everyone has differed opinions of a player. And again, I'm good with all opinions as it educates me on each player we speak about here.

I watch this kid in games he comes in and he hits big shots often when they need them, and he can go on runs. He plays hard, he's obviously been coached very well so he can fit into this system and he's a good size for the spots he'd play. I agree with those who believe he more than likely wants to go somewhere where he can be assured of more time but if he doesn't and he buys into the Big East, Coach Hurley and the system then I am all in. Just please, shave your head or spike your hair, no more Dukie look.

And speaking of not watching a team all that much I can't believe, based on my viewing of games that Tre Jones is considered a first rounder in the NBA now that he's considering leaving. While I have seen O'Connell make shots I usually see brick after brick from this guy, air balls and side rimmers galore. But his numbers are better when you look. Still don;t think he's a good pro at all, D league guy waste of a first round choice. Just me.

My wife's a Dukie and an avid fan, so I watch all the games. (Yes, we watched the 1990, 1999 and 2004 encounters together, with various muted reactions.) I'm all in on Alex O'Connell, who I believe can be instant offense off the bench behind Bouk and Andre. A great "nice to have." Don't see him coming if he's at all familiar with the UConn roster for next year. Must compete with Tyler. Totally disagree on Tre Jones, who's as likely to drill a three under pressure as anyone I saw this year. And smart -- the guy I'd give the ball to in the last minute every single time.

Reaction Score
My wife's a Dukie and an avid fan, so I watch all the games. (Yes, we watched the 1990, 1999 and 2004 encounters together, with various muted reactions.) I'm all in on Alex O'Connell, who I believe can be instant offense off the bench behind Bouk and Andre. A great "nice to have." Don't see him coming if he's at all familiar with the UConn roster for next year. Must compete with Tyler. Totally disagree on Tre Jones, who's as likely to drill a three under pressure as anyone I saw this year. And smart -- the guy I'd give the ball to in the last minute every single time.

All good but disagree respectively on Tre, seen some real mason trips at the end of games, air balls etc so for me it's probably timing as I mentioned. There has to be something there I haven't witnessed because I don't see an NBAer there when I watch but I'm a dope usually. ........sorry about your wife I'm sure other than that issue she's wonderful LOL

Reaction Score
This guy is a Dookie, which goes hand in hand with being a . He’s on Grayson, Paulus, Scheyer level of softness, but he lacks game. His numbers have drastically gone down each year, which shows Coach K development. 27% from 3 last year, no thanks

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Well that offer came from Kevin Ollie
This amused the heck out of me. I remember Ollie’s representation immediately after he was fired saying that Dan Hurley could not be hired because the arbitration process has been completed for Ollie yet and thus Kevin was still Coach. I got the funny image of Kevin sitting in a bunker istill sending out offer letters.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wow, I don't know about this. As his attempts went up his percentages went down each of his three years. I'd rather re-recruit AG.
You are completely underestimating the benefit of quality coaching instead of quality hugging. I fully expect that Dan Hurley will coach him up.

Reaction Score
Tre Jones is highly overrated! Time will tell!

Reaction Score
I'm sure Alex was looking at bench time at Duke...with Cassius Stanley playing more...247's #3 Shooting Guard in class of 2019.

Cassius was playing twice the minutes.

And Duke adds 2020 five star combo guard DJ Steward (#27 overall) and five star PG Jeremy Roach (#15 overall).

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If something unforeseen happens and he’s granted immediate eligibility Creighton might be the favorite to win it all. They are LOADED returning every player from a top 10 team. Antwann Jones becomes eligible for them next year as well.

Reaction Score
If something unforeseen happens and he’s granted immediate eligibility Creighton might be the favorite to win it all. They are LOADED returning every player from a top 10 team. Antwann Jones becomes eligible for them next year as well.
i think oconnell sits out next season

Reaction Score
Would anyone still rather be playing Tulane and East Carolina?

1586380825064.png

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The takes in these threads are incredible. Someone wanted to pass on this guy for our team? Do people just comment on this board and never watch the sport they comment on?

Reaction Score
i think oconnell sits out next season

He talked to a Creighton insider and said he is going to sit out the year. That is probably the best move for both parties as the rotation is pretty much set for next season. Basically the whole team returns, only rotation guy that left was a backup center that only averaged 11 mins and 3 points a game. Have to work in 3 other guys to the rotation too, a wing transfer from Memphis and two 4* centers(one missed last season with a broken leg and the other is a 2020 recruit.)

Considering that 4 seniors will graduate O'Connell is going to have the chance to play a big role in 21-22 for the Jays. Probably the opportunity he was looking for to get 25-30 mins a game.

Reaction Score
He talked to a Creighton insider and said he is going to sit out the year. That is probably the best move for both parties as the rotation is pretty much set for next season. Basically the whole team returns, only rotation guy that left was a backup center that only averaged 11 mins and 3 points a game. Have to work in 3 other guys to the rotation too, a wing transfer from Memphis and two 4* centers(one missed last season with a broken leg and the other is a 2020 recruit.)

Considering that 4 seniors will graduate O'Connell is going to have the chance to play a big role in 21-22 for the Jays. Probably the opportunity he was looking for to get 25-30 mins a game.
Would have been nice piece for you guys this year

xclamations

Storrs north
Reaction Score
Get em! Never have any white boys around anymore. And hes from Duke haha

Reaction Score
The takes in these threads are incredible. Someone wanted to pass on this guy for our team? Do people just comment on this board and never watch the sport they comment on?

Not a fan of recruiting scrappy, gritty, coaches sons if you catch my drift.

Reaction Score
McDermott is the Andy Reid of college basketball. Beautiful offense and shooters for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom