Alex Karaban buzzer beater | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban buzzer beater

Reaction Score
If anybody didn't know, this shot shows he's a shooter. His body drifts, but his shoulders and arms stay behind and stays square to the hoop. A lot of non-shooters keep those arm stiff and they move with the body making a hard shot near impossible.

Reaction Score
I feel like we finally have one of those kids where in 3 years other fans are like “that kid is STILL playing at UConn?” and I love it

Dude’s already filling in a beard nicely for a 19 year old

He’s really already coming into his own on both sides of the floor.

Reaction Score
makes you wonder how AK is gonna look running some of the hawkins plays next year...
I don’t want to say he’s already close to 2014 Niels… but he’s well on his way. Niels’s spot-up 3 was a thing of beauty. And he was integral to that 2014 defense

Alex has finally gotten more of a shooter’s confidence that he didn’t have the first half of the season

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
makes you wonder how AK is gonna look running some of the hawkins plays next year...
He doesn’t really need to come off curls in that way with his height and range. It’s more of a set shot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The last time I saw AK rushed or flustered on the court was ___________?

Kid is calm, cool and collected.

Reaction Score
He's got leadership skills too. He was barking out instructions during deadballs. Very mature for his time and he's added muscle during the season. Alex is a quiet assassin.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If anybody didn't know, this shot shows he's a shooter. His body drifts, but his shoulders and arms stay behind and stays square to the hoop. A lot of non-shooters keep those arm stiff and they move with the body making a hard shot near impossible.

The best thing about Alex, he's like an afterthought when game planning for UConn. Can't take away everyone

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
AK is light years ahead of where Niels was as a freshman. He’s well on his way to being as good as Niels was as a senior.
Love Niels but I think he is better than senior Niels TODAY. Karaban in addition to his very good box score stats does so many things so integral to this team success that Niels ( not his fault) had to be responsible for.

He’s .9 minutes from leading the team in minutes played! Because he’s so important.

This kid is special.

Reaction Score
I had no idea what Karaban would bring to the table this year but man he’s such a joy to watch. One of the most fun and steady players in all of CBB that I’ve seen

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m hoping by the end of this year his beard length is ZZ Top length!:rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed during the time he’s on the floor he’s directing the players and they’re following his direction!
After a couple chaotic possessions he secured a board with about 3 minutes to go and tossed the ball to a guard and gave the universal slowdowns sign you could see a calm come over everyone. I’m a little concerned he played maybe his best game in front of all those scouts but I assume his intent when he enrolled early was to play 3 years.

Reaction Score
He's got leadership skills too. He was barking out instructions during deadballs. Very mature for his time and he's added muscle during the season. Alex is a quiet assassin.
He's been doing this since day 1.
Add in his varied abilities, this is a serious + player.
Easy to get giddy thinking of AK and AJ out there for 2 more years.
AK+AJ=Oh, My!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Love Niels but I think he is better than senior Niels TODAY. Karaban in addition to his very good box score stats does so many things so integral to this team success that Niels ( not his fault) had to be responsible for.

He’s .9 minutes from leading the team in minutes played! Because he’s so important.

This kid is special.
Agree AK is a next level player. Niels was a great piece to the puzzle. AK is a corner piece. By the time he leaves he will be an all time great. What other freshman have had this type of impact. Yes Drummond was better but we were not a good team. Rip was playing point guard at the end of his freshman season. So how does he compare with the best freshman we have ever had? I think he is very high on the list. I have made the Nadav comparison a few times but Dove was like 23 years old when he won freshman of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom