Alex Is Going To Be A Great Coach Someday | The Boneyard

Alex Is Going To Be A Great Coach Someday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm really impressed with his maturity, communication skills and analytical ability.

“I think it’s kind of hard to ask so much from a sophomore, but that’s the role that’s been given to him," Oriakhi said. "They wouldn’t have asked that of him if he wasn’t able to do it. I just think he needs to slow down a little bit. He’s definitely been hitting shots and playing great defense, but he needs to slow down, take his time and be a little patient – especially with the big men, because his passes are hard to catch, and my hands aren’t the best. I tell him he’s got to be patient with me sometimes.”
If he doesn't go into coaching when his playing career is over, I'll be very surprised.

Reaction Score
His coaching career starts next week. Good attitude for a Captain, read what he said about Tyler: linky

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Actually, I wasn't a big fan of him calling out a teammate to the media. In practice? Sure. In the locker room? Sure. In the the film room? Sure. To the media one week in to practice of his sophomore year? Not so much.

I don't think AO would have appreciated Kemba talking about his lack of consistency and production during games or his poor body language after fouls or missed shots.

A broader comment like "without Kemba and with our new players we are all adjusting to our new roles. Some days are better than others."

Leave using the media as a motivational tool to the coaches.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
JC has a reputation for irritability regarding his communication with the press. I think part of it stems from the press baiting him over the years and part of it is an escalation of acrimony between JC and the press. But I also think a part of the problem is JC's difficulty in staying focused when he speaks. I believe he is aware of his awkwardness and this increases his anger.

In the following paragraph, I believe JC was trying to imply the Huskies need Shabazz because RB is not currently disciplined to run a team. But I had to do a lot of my own translation of "JC speak" to come away with that conclusion.

"Shabazz is not playing particularly well, either emotionally or otherwise," Calhoun said. "You can't ask Ryan Boatright, who by nature is a very fun, explosive athlete to watch, but is not necessarily a structured guy. As I told him, he probably came, to some degree, to the right place, as opposed to going to a Princeton type offense."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom