Alex and Roscoe | The Boneyard

Alex and Roscoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These two need to be starting from here on out, they give us the toughness, athleticism and versatility we need to be a championship level team. Our defense is so damn tough to score on when they are out there. Olander, Giffey and hopefully Boatright are as good as it gets as the first 3 off the bench.

Reaction Score
These two need to be starting from here on out, they give us the toughness, athleticism and versatility we need to be a championship level team. Our defense is so damn tough to score on when they are out there. Olander, Giffey and hopefully Boatright are as good as it gets as the first 3 off the bench.

Agreed completely. We won a national title with those 2 guys starting. Both of them down low with Andre makes us so long and athletic. They play to what our strengths need to be down low- toughness, rebounding, and D. They need to be allowed to play through their struggles just like Napier has been allowed to. We need them to be the team we want to be. I truly believe that Roscoe's struggles were directly related to him losing minutes and his starting spot to Deandre. Especially because it doesn't appear to have been warranted.

Reaction Score
Scoe and AO playing well made us look like a team that can win a championship. That's the first time this year I've seen a team on the court that you think can beat anyone.

There is a lot of work left to do, but those two being on the court, playing hard and making good decisions with and without the ball will make us better. Whatever that means for other people's roles.

Reaction Score
As long as Roscoe can guard the other team's SF, and if he also attacks the boards on offense, then I would agree. Regardless whether they play together, I thought Roscoe and Alex were the difference today. Both played great, were aggressive and active, and we had very few TO's. Great job by everyone today, especially those two.

C

Chief00

They both played great today. Starting line-up I will leave up to JC. Kind of like Roscoe giving them energy off the bench especially with Boatshow not available.

Reaction Score
I truly believe that Roscoe's struggles were directly related to him losing minutes and his starting spot to Deandre. Especially because it doesn't appear to have been warranted.

If Roscoe had been playing like he did today, he never would have lost his minutes in the first place.

Reaction Score
Eh, I would still prefer to have Roscoe as a 4 than @ the 3, loved what I saw from him today and I hope that midrange jumper that he hit becomes part of his game because then he can fully operate as an active, stretch 4.

Reaction Score
Great game for both of them - they played today like a bridge of what they were to the team last year and from a leadership perspective, I think you have to be guys that get significant minutes. They need to be a big part of the identity of the team, especially on the defensive end - that's how this team won the NC last year. What's been really promising is how well AO/AD have played together the last couple of games - with the exception of the Boatright BS, things are moving in the right direction.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I thought that we finally saw the Giffey that we've been waiting for and my preference would be for him to start at the 3. Whoever starts, we need all 3 of AO, RS, and NG playing relaxed and with confidence to be a good team that can do some damage. Boat coming back is essential, so let's hope this gets resolved quickly.

Reaction Score
A big welcome back Alex & Scoe. Alex just put nice back-to-back games together and Scoe has begun to show some life lately. Nice to see both play very well today. Hopefully they'll continue to play this way from this point on out.

Reaction Score
Eh, I would still prefer to have Roscoe as a 4 than @ the 3, loved what I saw from him today and I hope that midrange jumper that he hit becomes part of his game because then he can fully operate as an active, stretch 4.

Agreed strongly. I think the lineup we should see the most of is:

5- AD/AO
4- RS/TO
3- NG/DD
2- JL
1- SN

I also agree that AO+AD together has been looking better lately, so we should see some of that lineup as well.

Reaction Score
Maybe it is my imagination but they are just tougher than the other guys. Today we looked more like last years team because we had last years players out there.

Reaction Score
Alex has consistently improved and is back on track. He was laughing today!

Scoe and Giffey are still fighting. Right now its still the flavor of the moment (latest best game), soon to be Scoe. Neither one has earned the 'permanent' starting position yet. You can see both want it which is great.

Reaction Score
Yes, they definitely looked like last years team today. Plus Andre....Imagine if AD was on last year's team. That team could have gone all the way...eh.. never-mind. If we get more of DD, NG and AO like they played today, we have a real chance to solidify the 2nd spot in the BE and beat the Cuse in one of our games. I don't see us winning both and a lot will also depend on the status of the boatshow too.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought AO had his best game this season by far. If he could only harness this every game UConn would be difficult to beat.

I guess I'm the only one who thought RS had perhaps his worst defensive game this season. His player was constantly getting past him and he was frequently getting out rebounded on the defensive end.

On the offensive end RS was a beast and I hope it continues. Of course this was against ND which has one of the weakest front courts in the BE, so it remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
Alex was great today and Roscoe had 10 points on only 3 shots from the floor. Great stuff.

Reaction Score
I thought AO had his best game this season by far. If he could only harness this every game UConn would be difficult to beat.
AO in past 3 games: 8.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.6 bpg, with 73% shooting. If he can give us those numbers every game we will be golden.

Reaction Score
It would be really nice if Scoe could suddenly rediscover his stroke. The kid still has a lot of talent.

Reaction Score
It would be really nice if Scoe could suddenly rediscover his stroke. The kid still has a lot of talent.
He has nice rotation on his foul shots and if he gets PT there's no reason why he can't but his real skill is in putback and around the rim mode.

Reaction Score
He has nice rotation on his foul shots and if he gets PT there's no reason why he can't but his real skill is in putback and around the rim mode.

His free throw shot is especially attractive. It would be nice if he got minutes primarily as a 4 and operated in that mid-high post area and used his athletic ability to clean up on the offensive glass. You'll get a lot of free throw opportunities off of offensive rebounds.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great to see them both play really well tonight.
Everyone needs to step up while we are short-handed and they both did today.
Alex seems to do much better against the power players who are around his height (Cooley and Kilicli' just like Harrelson of Ky and the Butler bigs last year).
In contrast, he struggled more against players with quick hands who tried to strip him.

Roscoe really attacked the offensive glass and played with a lot more energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom