Album Art | The Boneyard

Album Art

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some old beezin' on another board mentioned liner notes from albums.

Something today's download generation won't be able to appreciate.....album cover art.

What you got? As a youngin, we had a kid in our neighborhood who hand-painted Boston's first album inside garage wall. Mind blowing for a 7-8 year old.

download (1).jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe not the greatest cover art on its own, but one of the great overall concepts for its time. Came with a giant rolling paper inside.
cheechchong_bigbambu~_101b.jpg

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah but who has that one? I have the one of them sitting on the trunk. Of course I tried to peel it away to see if this was underneath; nope. You ever see it in person?

My old boss. But he was a Brit.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Me and a buddy painted the yessongs cover art on an entire classroom wall in high school. I hated the band, though.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some old beezin' on another board mentioned liner notes from albums.

Something today's download generation won't be able to appreciate.....album cover art.

What you got? As a youngin, we had a kid in our neighborhood who hand-painted Boston's first album inside garage wall. Mind blowing for a 7-8 year old.

View attachment 31494

Well the worst is clearly Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anything from Yes would be solid.

Then you have to include Uriah Heep as same artist did UH's most popular albums.

I can't believe I used to listen to Uriah Heep and thought they were phenomenal. Ah to be a teen... easy livin'.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Molly Hatchet & Iron Maiden had some great covers. Kiss dis as well, though the Unmasked up above isn't one of them to me. I prefer Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over. The Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers with the real zipper was also a cool concept, though maybe not a great visual.

Reaction Score
And here is the back
A1Ig2gkuSHL._SL1500_.jpg

From Wikipedia: "The album cover is a monument to triple entendre. On the front cover there are movers who are moving pictures. On the side, people are shown crying because the pictures passing by are emotionally "moving." Finally, the back cover has a film crew making a "moving picture" of the whole scene. The album cover was taken in front of the Ontario Legislative Building at Queen's Park, Toronto."

Even though I like a good triple entendre as much the next guy, this isn't why it's my favorite album cover ever. See the guy in the brown parka in the right foreground looking over his left shoulder? That is my junior high school art teacher. He was visiting Toronto, just walking around, when he stumbled on the crew staging/shooting this picture. He hung around to check it out. Thought nothing of it after that until the album came out and his students pointed out there was a guy on the cover of the new Rush album that looked a lot like him. Took one look and he realized it was indeed him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom