Albany Regional tickets update | The Boneyard

Albany Regional tickets update

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I chased around Ticketmaster as well as the TUC this morning to determine the status of the tickets I ordered for the Albany Regionals.

In past years, I received the tickets electronically and printed them out at home. For whatever reason, I only had the option of receiving the tickets through the mail this year.

Long story short, the tickets were printed late. The operator at the TUC indicated that all tickets will be mailed out the first week of March by the arena, not Ticketmaster, which should get them to everyone in time for the Regionals. Cuts it a little close, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What’s funny is I ordered mine from TM last month and they came a few days later. Must be the ones ordered during presale are printed by arena, which is clearly inept.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What’s funny is I ordered mine from TM last month and they came a few days later. Must be the ones ordered during presale are printed by arena, which is clearly inept.
So much for ordering early.

Reaction Score
So much for ordering early.
I ordered them in October and received them fromTM in the mail over a month ago. A previous thread on this subject indicates to me a very inconsistent timeline for ticket distribution.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I ordered them in October and received them fromTM in the mail over a month ago. A previous thread on this subject indicates to me a very inconsistent timeline for ticket distribution.

Not exactly the kind of feedback you want to get eh' OD? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I appreciate everyone’s response on this subject. I have now learned from Ticketmaster that my tickets appear to have been lost in the Twilight Zone. I’m told they will now be reprinted and sent via UPS.

Reaction Score
I think they all lie. I called several weeks ago and they claimed tickets were shipped 12/20/18. I never received them and I told them that. They said they would be reissued. Called yesterday and was told there was a hold on the ticket delivery. Will ship by first week in Mrach. I don't believe any of what they've told me. I've bought thousands of tickets in my life. I've never gone though this kind of crap.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I guess I`m in the same leaky boat with oldude and ctkaiser.

I ordered tickets last October through Ticketmaster. I got antsy and called Ticketmaster last week. The person I spoke to at TM told me that my tickets had been mailed out in December. They had my address correct, but I never received them. So, they must be in the Twilight Zone as well. More likely, she was wrong and nothing was sent out.

So, those supposedly mailed tickets were disabled and new ones are allegedly being mailed to me. She said to call again if I don`t receive them. I`m thinking the odds are pretty good that I will be on the phone again with them. Appreciate the info from ctkaiser above re timing.

She initially said I would have to pick them up at the Arena, until I pointed out to her that the event is over a month away. The good news is I have phenomenal seats at a very reasonable price. The bad news is having to deal with this clown show.

Hopefully that`s not me outside the Times Union Center on March 29 at 6:58 p.m. screaming at some guy in a suit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just curious.... what were the ticket prices for the regionals in Albany. I wonder if they have the same price for all the regionals... or if they differ by site. I just drove over to the Greensboro coliseum earlier and bought the book for $45.... no fees. I cant quite remember what I paid for them the last regional here in 2015..... but im pretty sure i paid more for them then... maybe $54?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just curious.... what were the ticket prices for the regionals in Albany. I wonder if they have the same price for all the regionals... or if they differ by site. I just drove over to the Greensboro coliseum earlier and bought the book for $45.... no fees. I cant quite remember what I paid for them the last regional here in 2015..... but im pretty sure i paid more for them then... maybe $54?
Not sure what others paid, but I purchased 4 All-Session, Adult Presale tickets, relatively good seats for $61.90 per ticket.

Reaction Score
Not sure what others paid, but I purchased 4 All-Session, Adult Presale tickets, relatively good seats for $61.90 per ticket.
I paid the same. No senior priced tickets this year.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I think they all lie. I called several weeks ago and they claimed tickets were shipped 12/20/18. I never received them and I told them that. They said they would be reissued. Called yesterday and was told there was a hold on the ticket delivery. Will ship by first week in Mrach. I don't believe any of what they've told me. I've bought thousands of tickets in my life. I've never gone though this kind of crap.
You are so right! I ordered mine in October. I have contacted Ticketmaster 5 times(and most of the time, they know nothing.) I had given them my correct address, and they told me they sent them to me and they were returned because I gave them the wrong address(it was the RIGHT) address. Then, they told me that they would send them to me to be printed on my computer. The girl said the email would be here in 30 minutes.
WELL. that was 56 hours ago, and no tickets.
I had previously talked to a male who said he could find NO tickets anywhere for this event.
The NCAA should do something about this, and let the arena handle the tickets......but, once again, it is all about the money.
As soon as they open the pre-sale, 90% of the GOOD seats are gone...guess where? To Stub Hub and other sellers who then sell them for a 200% profit.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You are so right! I ordered mine in October. I have contacted Ticketmaster 5 times(and most of the time, they know nothing.) I had given them my correct address, and they told me they sent them to me and they were returned because I gave them the wrong address(it was the RIGHT) address. Then, they told me that they would send them to me to be printed on my computer. The girl said the email would be here in 30 minutes.
WELL. that was 56 hours ago, and no tickets.
I had previously talked to a male who said he could find NO tickets anywhere for this event.
The NCAA should do something about this, and let the arena handle the tickets.but, once again, it is all about the money.
As soon as they open the pre-sale, 90% of the GOOD seats are gone...guess where? To Stub Hub and other sellers who then sell them for a 200% profit.

UCONN WCBB is bad for ticket prices :oops:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UCONN WCBB is bad for ticket:mad::confused: prices :oops:
Only in Albany or Bridgeport. But if Debbie Antonelli gets her wish, we’ll all be heading to Las Vegas for the entire Sweet 16 through the championship. :eek:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Only in Albany or Bridgeport. But if Debbie Antonelli gets her wish, we’ll all be heading to Las Vegas for the entire Sweet 16 through the championship. :eek:
either she lives there, or she likes to gamble.

Reaction Score
We ordered four tickets in October for the Albany Regional. As of today (2/25) no tickets had been received. I accessed the receipt on Ticketmaster and found a link to a "Live Chat". I clicked on it and a representative asked how he/she could help. I told him we had ordered tickets in October and hadn't received them and he checked on the order and said that tickets were mailed to us in December. I told him we had not received them, so he deactivated the bar codes on the original tickets and will re-print them on Tuesday (2/26) and send to us via UPS three-day delivery with a tracking number. We should receive the tickets on Friday (3/1) or Monday (3/4). I'll post if/when I receive them.

Reaction Score
Husky40 - I emailed Ticketmaster on Thursday and got the same story (mailed on 12/21) however no promise of UPS or tracking, just deactivating bar code and sending again. Seems fishy to me.

Reaction Score
I'm considering calling NCAA themselves tomorrow. Any one else who would like to the number is
317-917-6222

Reaction Score
I chased around Ticketmaster as well as the TUC this morning to determine the status of the tickets I ordered for the Albany Regionals.

In past years, I received the tickets electronically and printed them out at home. For whatever reason, I only had the option of receiving the tickets through the mail this year.

Long story short, the tickets were printed late. The operator at the TUC indicated that all tickets will be mailed out the first week of March by the arena, not Ticketmaster, which should get them to everyone in time for the Regionals. Cuts it a little close, but it is what it is.
We got ours from ticketmaster a few weeks ago in the mail.

Reaction Score
UCONN venues always have the highest prices.

Reaction Score
I paid the same. No senior priced tickets this year.
We didn’t get presale tickets, but we did get senior priced tickets. After reading all of these comments, it seems something is really wrong with the entire system.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well on the bright side.. You don't have to worry about this happening next season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Husky40 - I emailed Ticketmaster on Thursday and got the same story (mailed on 12/21) however no promise of UPS or tracking, just deactivating bar code and sending again. Seems fishy to me.
In my dealings with Ticketmaster yesterday, they did finally agree to resend tickets via UPS at their cost. I hope to have a tracking # today.

Reaction Score
Here is the message I received:

Thanks for contacting us today. I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't gotten your tickets yet. I do see that they were printed and shipped on 20 December, 2018 and should have arrived about 10 days later. But no worries, I have gone ahead and had another set of tickets to be mailed to you again, free of charge.

And don't worry about the first set of tickets. I have gone ahead and disabled the barcodes so those are no longer valid tickets.

I apologize for the delay in getting your tickets to you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom