1. UConn
2. Miss St
3. Louisville
4. ND
5. Baylor
6. Oregon
7. South Carolina
8. Texas

Unless something significant happens in the next few days to change this order, South Carolina will be sent to Albany because they can't be paired with Mississippi State.
Miss. State plays a big role in SC's placement, obviously. If South Carolina win the SEC tourney, that means they beat MSU along the way. One would think SC moves up, and a very slight chance that MSU moves down to the #3 overall seed as the ACC tournament champ gains some steam (and another elite win).

If Miss. State wins the SEC tourney to remain undefeated, I can't imagine they don't remain the overall #2 national seed. But, the committee could use their creative placement and justify their actions very easily as their guidelines prevent them from those conference pairings, especially at the 1/2 seeds.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Miss. State plays a big role in SC's placement, obviously. If South Carolina win the SEC tourney, that means they beat MSU along the way. One would think SC moves up, and a very slight chance that MSU moves down to the #3 overall seed as the ACC tournament champ gains some steam (and another elite win).

If Miss. State wins the SEC tourney to remain undefeated, I can't imagine they don't remain the overall #2 national seed. But, the committee could use their create placement and justify their actions very easily as their guidelines prevent them from those conference pairings, especially at the 1/2 seeds.
not thinking MSU loses to SC...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It will be the team who will send the smallest amount of fans. Albany will be sold out. The NCAA will send "drawing cards" to other areas.

Then the Gamecocks are going to Lexington.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I know you guys don't like Tennessee, but they are 8-6 against the RPI Top 50 and have two wins over SC, and wins over Texas, Georgia, A&M and Stanford. And, vie of those losses are to South Carolina, Miss. State, ND, Mizzou. and A&M. They are solidly on the 3 line, IMO.

Tennessee Volunteers Schedule (Clubhouse) 2018 Womens College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com
I think the committee will pay attention to the fact that their 2 wins over USC were in games without A'ja Wilson.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think the committee will pay attention to the fact that their 2 wins over USC were in games without A'ja Wilson.
Just about every team has had wins/losses when the opposition was without a key player. Great win for South Carolina yesterday, btw.

Personally, I think Tennessee has a great resume. I'm not gonna discredit their win over Texas just because Joyner Holmes wasn't yet back from suspension.

Crème said last night that Tennessee is safely on the 3-line. Mizzou moved down to the 5-line, while A&M has moved up to the 4-line. Georgia safely in as sub-regional host, and could help itself up to the 3-line with a win over SC today.

Five SEC teams will be seeded: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 4. Georgia the only team with a chance to improve their seed.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Texas. Assuming Louisville and Notre Dame both remain #1's and/or Oregon runs the Pac12 and gains a #1, Louisville and Notre Dame will be in Lexington and Spokane, Oregon in Spokane, and MSST will be in Kansas City. South Carolina fans travel, so they'll likely be in Lexington. Assuming Baylor and Texas are the remaining 2's, I would think they'd put Baylor in KC and Texas in Albany.

Of course, as said above, that can change somewhat if the conference tourneys don't go as planned.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn also played Texas this season. It's gonna be SC or Texas, IMO. Doesn't matter that they played once in the regular season.

The only way Tennessee has any chance as a #2 seed is if Texas loses in Big 12 quarterfinals.

If SC wins the SEC tourney, they could move up a bit, or Miss. State could move down one slot so the there wouldn't be that #2 vs #7 pairing from the same conference.

I know you guys don't like Tennessee, but they are 8-6 against the RPI Top 50 and have two wins over SC, and wins over Texas, Georgia, A&M and Stanford. And, vie of those losses are to South Carolina, Miss. State, ND, Mizzou. and A&M. They are solidly on the 3 line, IMO.

Tennessee Volunteers Schedule (Clubhouse) 2018 Womens College Basketball - WarrenNolan.com

I was actually thinking that TN was closer to a #4 seed, When they beat SC those 2 times there was no Wilson in the line up. On the Texas game it was not the same team that played UConn, if Texas had played half the game they did against UConn they would have thrashed TN.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Just about every team has had wins/losses when the opposition was without a key player. Great win for South Carolina yesterday, btw.

Personally, I think Tennessee has a great resume. I'm not gonna discredit their win over Texas just because Joyner Holmes wasn't yet back from suspension.

Crème said last night that Tennessee is safely on the 3-line. Mizzou moved down to the 5-line, while A&M has moved up to the 4-line. Georgia safely in as sub-regional host, and could help itself up to the 3-line with a win over SC today.

Five SEC teams will be seeded: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 4. Georgia the only team with a chance to improve their seed.

My point was actually related to someone thinking Tennessee’s two wins over USC would help their seeding and I don’t think they will.

Reaction Score
If South Carolina wins the SEC I gotta think they are the 2 in Lexington? Oregon seems penciled in for Spokane. I can't imagine they are dumb enough to Put Baylor or ND in Albany (but who knows). That would leave Texas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom