• Ucla

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
UCLA was in Bridgeport last year. I would be surprised if the Committee sends them cross country to Albany this year.

I hope it is not Texas. Big, physical, very good guard play. One black eye is enough. Too much, actually.

I voted South Carolina. Last two National Champs meeting in the Regional Finals would create interest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCLA was in Bridgeport last year. I would be suprised if the Committee sends them cross country to Albany this year.

UCLA has been sent East two straight years. The committee likes to avoid doing that 3 times in a row, so I would agree they are unlikely. For similar reasons, SC is highly likely to be in Albany or Lexington.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Right now, SC looks like the 8th overall seed, which would make them the #2 seed in Albany. If SC loses in the SEC tournament prior to the championship game, they could be dropped to a 3 seed. By the same token, if the Gamecocks were able to win the SEC tournament over MS St, they would probably still be a #2 seed, but likely in another region.

Reaction Score
I think it will be Baylor. They were getting some consideration for the last #1 seed. Their SOS is not great, with the recent injury, that #1 seed is gone regardless if they win their conference tournament. I don’t think they will beat Texas a 3rd time especially without Wallace. Tennessee and stanford don’t belong on the #2 line

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Too early to tell. Will have a better handle after conference tourneys. Depends on what happens in PAC-12.

If Oregon or UCLA win PAC-12 championship i think one stays in Spokane and the other comes to Albany.

Reaction Score
I think they'll bend to the geographic consideration and go with South Carolina, which isn't particularly fair to either us or the defending champs.

Reaction Score
During today's LSU-TAMU game Charlie Creme said that if Tenn could beat S Car today and get to the SEC final game they might replace S Car as the 8th seed and go to Albany. That's almost enough to get me to root for them tonight. :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tennessee as a 2 is a joke, but I’d take it.

Baylor as our 2 is a joke as well. They are a borderline 1 seed and should go where the lowest 1 seed is.

Even though we have played them, I think SC is our 2 seed. It makes for a good story. With A’ja, they are a 2. Without her, much farther down.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It will be the team who will send the smallest amount of fans. Albany will be sold out. The NCAA will send "drawing cards" to other areas.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

Baylor as our 2 is a joke as well. They are a borderline 1 seed and should go where the lowest 1 seed is.

Even though we have played them, I think SC is our 2 seed. It makes for a good story. With A’ja, they are a 2. Without her, much farther down.

So that made me think "Who is the lowest #1 seed?"

Louisville or ND???

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As of now the top 8 are still:
1. UConn
2. Miss St
3. Louisville
4. ND
5. Baylor
6. Oregon
7. South Carolina
8. Texas

Unless something significant happens in the next few days to change this order, South Carolina will be sent to Albany because they can't be paired with Mississippi State.

Reaction Score

Tennessee walks into a bar as a 3 seed and walks out as a 2 seed...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Tennessee walks into a bar as a 3 seed and walks out as a 2 seed...:rolleyes:
But thats not gonna happen after tonight loss to SC. They were totaly outplayed by a depleated SC team in basically a home game. Russell was Russell and played at times and jogged up and down the court. Without Narried they would have gotten smoked by a lot, she is total hustle but gets away with alot of grabbing and slapping at balls.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tenn will fall to a 4 as quite a few teams after them have opportunity to move up-Stanford (who will NOT be a #2 even if they win the PAC12, too many better teams to leapfrog), Ohio State and any one of Georgia, Missouri or Texas A&M if they keep winning.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Since we have already played SC this season why not put TN in the Albany region so that we can crush another SEC team that is so heralded by ESPN.
UConn also played Texas this season. It's gonna be SC or Texas, IMO. Doesn't matter that they played once in the regular season.

The only way Tennessee has any chance as a #2 seed is if Texas loses in Big 12 quarterfinals.

If SC wins the SEC tourney, they could move up a bit, or Miss. State could move down one slot so the there wouldn't be that #2 vs #7 pairing from the same conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom