Alas, farewell to Minges | The Boneyard

Alas, farewell to Minges

Reaction Score
For the third time, I found an excuse to make the trek to Greenville from my home in Maryland for the ECU game. Minges Coliseum has the most lax security in Division I, and I was able to walk in and ensconce myself in the arena more than 90 minutes prior to tip. As an honorable guy, I did purchase a $12 ducat, but it was never presented to an usher. I entered as the techies were hooking up cables for radio and TV, so I hung out with them and apparently looked the part well enough. I said hello to Maria, used an adjacent urinal to Alan’s, thanked Megan for her many years‘ work as a color analyst and talked for a few minutes with the Courant’s Alexa. (Her parents are hoping to catch the senior night game.)

It’s fascinating to watch the informal interactions among players as they shoot hoops prior to the formal warm-up. Anna was the first to appear, followed by Molly and Liv, and then Aubrey. Anna took layup after layup on her own and of course she was en fuego from the arc as a result. When Molly was here 2 years ago as a nervous and tentative sophomore, she was quiet and deferential. Today, she looked like she knew she belonged and she played aggressively. I especially enjoyed watching Geno call her over during a foul shot sequence for an extended chat. It was a reciprocal conversation, ending with a pat on the back from the maestro.

Only a last minute third-chance bucket for ECU prevented me from predicting the final score exactly. Still, a good day at Minges in what will probably be UConn’s last trip here ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom