Alaina Coates ???? | The Boneyard

Alaina Coates ????

Reaction Score
South Carolina was stronger with just Wilson on the floor. Staley didn't know how to integrate the two of them.

Not surprised that Wilson leads her team to the NC. And when she graduates, she'll go #1 in the draft. Do not understand the comments cutting her down.

She's amazing!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
South Carolina was stronger with just Wilson on the floor. Staley didn't know how to integrate the two of them.

Not surprised that Wilson leads her team to the NC. And when she graduates, she'll go #1 in the draft. Do not understand the comments cutting her down.

She's amazing!
I didn't see the game, but her strengths are rebounding and blocks. She's a mediocre shooter past 8-10' and very left handed. She's good to very good, but not great in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, but her strengths are rebounding and blocks. She's a mediocre shooter past 8-10' and very left handed. She's good to very good, but not great in my opinion.

She was just named the most outstanding player of the national championship game. She just led her team to the national championship. Her team just defeated the team that ended UConn's 111-game winning streak.

I think she's proven that she's outstanding. Full stop.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

She's amazing!
She turned down Geno's scholarship offer. That's enough for some fans. Heck, there are people here that still hate Tara VDV for not playing Rebecca Lobo enough in the 1996 Olympics.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She was just named the most outstanding player of the national championship game. She just led her team to the national championship. Her team just defeated the team that ended UConn's 111-game winning streak.

They won, but I thought she was about the 5th to 8th best player in the country.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Calling her a mediocre shooter from 8-10' out is also a stretch. I'm willing to bet she's one of the better midrange shooting post players in WCBB today.

Reaction Score

The manner in which Staley was using her with Coates was holding her back. She plays like a true center but I think with her build and quickness she would be better on the wing as a power forward.

Yes...she could be GREAT.

Reaction Score

To be honest- Miss. State used all their karma in upsetting UCONN.

"Little Bit" was not herself last night.

Reaction Score
I always wonder what Geno could have done with Wilson and a player with her skill set, I think she's a true 5 and could have been a little more versatile then Tina Charles was in college, better shot blocker, more rang on her jumper. I think 6'5 2018 Collier can be just as good as Wilson.

Reaction Score
Wilson really, really showed up last night. Frankly, I don't think UConn could have stopped her this time around. That was a woman on a mission.

Reaction Score

I'm glad you're a fan. She's a talented player.

Reaction Score
I always wonder what Geno could have done with Wilson and a player with her skill set, I think she's a true 5 and could have been a little more versatile then Tina Charles was in college, better shot blocker, more rang on her jumper. I think 6'5 2018 Collier can be just as good as Wilson.
They are completely different players but I surely wouldn't trade Collier for Wilson any day! She doesn't have Wilson's size but in every other facet, she's got it all over Wilson NOW. What the next couple years of development will do for Pheesa makes it an absolute no contest.

Reaction Score
The manner in which Staley was using her with Coates was holding her back. She plays like a true center but I think with her build and quickness she would be better on the wing as a power forward.

Yes...she could be GREAT.

Absolutely. Staley didn't understand how to integrate the two. But Coach Geno figured it out to a tee when he had Kiah Stokes and Stewart. The team was stronger with both on the court. But South Carolina was decidedly weaker.

With A'ja Wilson as the focus, she blossomed into the game-changer she always should have been.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom