Alabama offers 2017 recruit | The Boneyard

Alabama offers 2017 recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was the 2012 'Bama team tutor when the coaches first noticed him.

Reaction Score
This is just wrong. What happens when he gets injured for the first time in high school, something minor and it's taking the kid awhile to recover. His father sees the scholarship slipping away from him and gets him on HGH to recover further. In addition, when the rest of the kids catch up to him and he no longer dominates like he does now, HGH will be there to give him the perceived 'edge.' Offering scholarships this early is not only just stupid, but will end up hurting these kids in the long run.

Reaction Score
This is just wrong. What happens when he gets injured for the first time in high school, something minor and it's taking the kid awhile to recover. His father sees the scholarship slipping away from him and gets him on HGH to recover further. In addition, when the rest of the kids catch up to him and he no longer dominates like he does now, HGH will be there to give him the perceived 'edge.' Offering scholarships this early is not only just stupid, but will end up hurting these kids in the long run.

Should prepare him perfectly for Bama.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I believe this is a parenting issue.

On WEEI this morning, they mentioned, and devoted a full hour of air time, to these parents of a 9 year old "gansta' rapper, where the parents were charged with Neglect. The same should be done in these cases. Nick Saban should be held accountable too. He's in a position of authority and he's clearly taking advantage of a child and his parents who may, but probably don't) know their way around the block.

The NCAA has all these stupid nit-picky rules aimed at preveting victimless crimes, but when it comes to actually hurting a kid (Child, actually), there are no rules? Gimme a break.

Husky25

Reaction Score
In case you think Alabama was in the wrong, keep in mind that LSU offered him when he was in 7th grade.
So does that absolve Alabama? It only make Les Miles as culpable, as well as Mark Emmert and the rest fo the Powers-that-Be at the NCAA. This is the definition of lack of institutional control.

Reaction Score

Wow... that escalated fast.

Reaction Score
This isn't the first time a 7th grader has been offered a scholarship to play at a high level D1 school. USC offered Dhameer's high school QB as a 7th grader. It won't be the last time it happens either.

Husky25

Reaction Score
This isn't the first time a 7th grader has been offered a scholarship to play at a high level D1 school. USC offered Dhameer's high school QB as a 7th grader. It won't be the last time it happens either.
It doesn't absolve LSU, USC or any other schools either. I know it is only an offer and no commitment is binding until early February of the Kid's Senior year, but this does not help the kid in any way, shape, or form, and isn't that what the NCAA is "supposed to be" about? An "advocate" for the student-athlete?

Reaction Score
How would it be any different if the kid had not been offered a scholarship? If the dad is a and is pinning his hopes on the kid he will get him the HGH to GET him a scholly not just to keep one.

Reaction Score

What will happen to him if he takes HGH? His bone structure will probably increase a little bit if he also has enough minerals as raw materials, his connective tissue and muscles will recover faster decreasing the time that he is injured and allowing him to workout more without injury risk, he will be able to build muscle faster and burn fat easier..... and you wonder why 2/3 of pro players use HGH. Negative side effects you say? It depends who you talk to...

I get what you are saying, but I think you are kind of jumping to conclusions pretty quick. 14, 15 and 16 year old kids are offered scholarships in basketball all the time. I don't see much of a difference between a kid in 8th grade vs. a freshman or sophomore in high-school getting a scholarship offer when it comes to issues with the risk of using performance enhancing drugs as a teenager. Just my opinion though.

Reaction Score
I still haven't heard one real reason why this is bad for the kid. Congrats to this kid for getting an offer.

Reaction Score
Obviously the kid is talented. I think he would get the offers anyway, at some point. Is it too soon in the kids development? Maybe, but I see it two ways. One, college coaches, especially in the SEC, are going to recruit kids on projected potential. Often against each other. Two, it give them a chance to make sure the kid takes his academics more seriously. It may encourage the athlete to buckle down from his freshman year of HS, instead of waiting until his junior year. Then hope he has the grades and test scores to qualify. Although, I agree there needs to be some policing of early recruitment, or in this case very early recruitment, it's a smart move by those schools and within the rules.

Reaction Score
Personally I'd be pretty disappointed in our coaching staff if they were scouting middle school kids. What a waste of time. I don't think there's anything wrong with it morally, but I'd rather they spend time evaluating kids that aren't playing against 12 year olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom