Alabama @ LSU | The Boneyard

Alabama @ LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
didn't really think LSU had a chance before the game started but honestly LSU looks good so far. They just took over possession after a nice punt return just shy of midfield

Drew

Reaction Score
0-0 at half. Only difference between this and a UConn game is the crowd size :)

Drew

Reaction Score
LSU forces a fumble and now moves into Alabama territory. Man I'd love to see Bama go down tonight

Reaction Score
The LSU QB is awful, he would be a backup @ UConn

Reaction Score
LSU forces a fumble and now moves into Alabama territory. Man I'd love to see Bama go down tonight

Not happening, Bama could probably afford a loss on the road.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Was at game. Tailgating experience was another world. Tiger Stadium was the loudest venue I've been to (including Final Four in Dallas which was a close second), and it really made me appreciate the on-campus experience. Bama traveled well too.

Game wise, woof. What great defense & bad bad offense.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Was at game. Tailgating experience was another world. Tiger Stadium was the loudest venue I've been to (including Final Four in Dallas which was a close second), and it really made me appreciate the on-campus experience. Bama traveled well too.

Game wise, woof. What great defense & bad bad offense.

I was there as well. Stadium was about as good as I've ever seen it (60+ games). The offenses looked bad because both defenses were on fire. Both teams have been averaging ~40 points per game over the last month or so. Place was electric from the get-go. Herbst and Benedict should be made to go there to fully appreciate how a state can connect to a football team and stadium and how important it can be. They would have different views on spending money, I think.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I was there as well. Stadium was about as good as I've ever seen it (60+ games). The offenses looked bad because both defenses were on fire. Both teams have been averaging ~40 points per game over the last month or so. Place was electric from the get-go. Herbst and Benedict should be made to go there to fully appreciate how a state can connect to a football team and stadium and how important it can be. They would have different views on spending money, I think.

I don't think that's fair...to compare LSU v. Alabama to UConn. Northeast culture is totally different than Southeast culture.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I don't think that's fair...to compare LSU v. Alabama to UConn. Northeast culture is totally different than Southeast culture.

I agree and disagree. No, I don't expect football would ever be "as important", but I think it could be something really important AND prosperous for the state and UConn. LSU's AD gives about $5 million per year back to the school's general fund as well. If they thought the AD could start turning a profit and giving back to the academic side, perhaps they'd also re-evaluate.

Ann Arbor isn't philosophically that removed from CT. A UConn football team winning 10 games a year would provide a ton of pride for the state and school.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I agree and disagree. No, I don't expect football would ever be "as important", but I think it could be something really important AND prosperous for the state and UConn. LSU's AD gives about $5 million per year back to the school's general fund as well. If they thought the AD could start turning a profit and giving back to the academic side, perhaps they'd also re-evaluate.

Ann Arbor isn't philosophically that removed from CT. A UConn football team winning 10 games a year would provide a ton of pride for the state and school.

I get what you're saying however it's difficult to compare to Ann Arbor as they are from an area that produces great high school talent. High school football in Ohio, Michigan and surrounding areas is exponentially better than it is in CT. Our location is a big reason why we trouble recruiting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom