Alabama Looking for New Head Coach | The Boneyard

Alabama Looking for New Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I didn't know they cared.:confused:

The proof will be in the quality of the new head coach. Alabama hasn't been successful since Rick Moody was there (and that was only mild success).

Reaction Score
Their season ended 6+ weeks ago and they're announcing this *now*?

By now, the best coaches have already been scooped up.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Alabama has a women's basketball program? Who knew?

Reaction Score
True, but who among the best would want to coach WBB at Alabama?

Relatively speaking I meant.

The coach at UAB, for example, just took a job at Clemson, which is not really much better than Bama. And you'd think that she might've been a decent fit in Tuscaloosa, given her experience in the state.

The point is: whatever the schools options are, they are narrower now compared to what they were a month ago when more coaches were up for grabs.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
And Kaneisha Horn who was Top 5 in her recruiting class. Even as high at Number 2 before her ACL injury.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Hudson did a little better than Smith. Still hard to get top players there. With the top teams in SEC competing for players.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I know this is about their head coach but apparently Kaneisha Horn will not be returning to Alabama next season. And apparently that's old news but I just thought I'd correct myself from earlier.

Reaction Score
I know this is about their head coach but apparently Kaneisha Horn will not be returning to Alabama next season. And apparently that's old news but I just thought I'd correct myself from earlier.

I saw a tweet speculating that weeks ago, but never saw any announcement. Unless I missed one, seems like just an unfounded rumor.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I saw a tweet speculating that weeks ago, but never saw any announcement. Unless I missed one, seems like just an unfounded rumor.
Yeah I don't know what ever happened with that...But I had never heard anything about Macy Keen leaving UMiami so I thought maybe I was really out of the loop haha

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
It was noted in passing on the RU board as a "rumor" as well, her profile was still up on the Alabama site per the RU board.

Reaction Score
It was noted in passing on the RU board as a "rumor" as well, her profile was still up on the Alabama site per the RU board.
Some schools never make any formal announcement about a player transferring out, or they may wait until the end of the school year to make an announcement, as well as to take down the player's profile.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Alabama was once quite respectable back in the SEC power days of the mid 90s with an FF appearance in 1994 and then Sweet 16 appearances the next four years, but the Tide have not been relevant in the 2000s. I'm making a wild guess that football gets more attention.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The moment he was appointed it was clear they didn't give two hoots about women's basketball... So, I'm not expecting much.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Jasmine Jones mom Trish Jones played at Alabama. In the time when they had a good program in the 1990s.

Reaction Score
The moment he was appointed it was clear they didn't give two hoots about women's basketball... So, I'm not expecting much.

Did they give one hoot? A 1/2 hoot?

Reaction Score
Actually, Alabama supports women's sports pretty well. Excellent softball and women's gymnastics. I think it has just been a couple of bad hires. Hopefully Bama can find a coach which will make them respectable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom