ALABAMA girls | The Boneyard

ALABAMA girls

Reaction Score
But a big thumbs down to this league though. This team did every it was asked to, just to keep their gym time slot. So after families have paid fees for their daughters to participate, their kids can't enjoy a championship that is rightfully theirs?

To make it worse, had this not been shared with the press, this league would have done nothing. What is this teaching kids and how can the parents of the teams that lost think this is acceptable? The "elite" team reasoning is a bunch of bunk if you ask me. The team should not have been forced to be part of this league just to keep their gym time in the first place.

Reaction Score
But a big thumbs down to this league though. This team did every it was asked to, just to keep their gym time slot. So after families have paid fees for their daughters to participate, their kids can't enjoy a championship that is rightfully theirs?

To make it worse, had this not been shared with the press, this league would have done nothing. What is this teaching kids and how can the parents of the teams that lost think this is acceptable?
That' why I posted this in there, they should deserve recognition and IT IS A SCANDAL

Reaction Score
Confusing article. The scandal doesn’t seem to be not giving them the trophy, but not letting them use the gyms. I wonder why they don’t have girls leagues.

Reaction Score
Confusing article. The scandal doesn’t seem to be not giving them the trophy, but not letting them use the gyms. I wonder why they don’t have girls leagues.
I think it's both, but gym access is the bigger issue to me. I've coached development programs when I can. Getting gym access isn't easy, nor is it cheap, but I'm basing this opinion on rates in Ontario Canada. No clue what the costs could be in the US.

Reaction Score
I think it's both, but gym access is the bigger issue to me. I've coached development programs when I can. Getting gym access isn't easy, nor is it cheap, but I'm basing this opinion on rates in Ontario Canada. No clue what the costs could be in the US.
Yeah. Gym access is a pain, if you are coaching girls basketball, at least in my experience. The fees just depend on some areas can range from the low end of $100 an hour to use an elementary school gym to $500 an hour to use a high school gym.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Gym access is a pain, if you are coaching girls basketball, at least in my experience. The fees just depend on some areas can range from the low end of $100 an hour to use an elementary school gym to $500 an hour to use a high school gym.
Holy cow. Even with the exchange rate, we're not seeing fees in that range for a high school gym (yet) :oops:.

Reaction Score
Assuming these players live in the district, you would think residential taxes would allow the team access to these gyms without additional fees. I wasn't all that upset when my daughter decided to give up AAU ball. Too many fees. Too much traveling. Too much time away from the rest of the family. Too many participation trophies. And to think in this case...the girls won and received NADA. What a joke.

Reaction Score
Holy cow. Even with the exchange rate, we're not seeing fees in that range for a high school gym (yet) :oops:.
Yet is the key. Hopefully they won't get to those levels. A lot just depends on the high school. We have some places that drive up the price because they have better facilities, or they can, especially when you have so many local travel teams using your facility it is going to drive up the price on things.

Reaction Score
Assuming these players live in the district, you would think residential taxes would allow the team access to these gyms without additional fees. I wasn't all that upset when my daughter decided to give up AAU ball. Too many fees. Too much traveling. Too much time away from the rest of the family. Too many participation trophies. And to think in this case...the girls won and received NADA. What a joke.
That is what our thought process was as well. But with the growth of basketball, especially travel ball, many places are seeing how much money they can make off hosting tryouts, practice sessions, and tournaments. So, schools can charge more or less depending on the wants and needs of what you are looking for in order to practice or host games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom