Al Lesar | The Boneyard

Al Lesar

Reaction Score
This a question for our ND contributors.

I enjoy reading articles about WBB teams in their home newspapers. I have especially enjoyed Al Lesar with SB Tribune. It seems that he retired but I still see his bylines on articles about ND women.

But since the loss to UNC, the Trib has only had the AP story and no follow-up commentary. Any ideas about what’s going on?

Signed, Youth Wants To Know

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In general it seems like there was a virtual black out of ND related media after that loss. I haven't been able to find an Muffit presser but I'm pretty bad at finding those things.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

I enjoy reading articles about WBB teams in their home newspapers. I have especially enjoyed Al Lesar with SB Tribune. It seems that he retired but I still see his bylines on articles about ND women.

But since the loss to UNC, the Trib has only had the AP story and no follow-up commentary. Any ideas about what’s going on?

I think Lesar doesn't write about every game. The beat reporter is now Anthony Anderson. The ND Insider is basically the South Bend Tribune's ND sports' section, but they didn't write about the game (just the aforementioned AP article).

Here is analysis of the North Carolina game from an Irish perspective:

Anatomy of an Upset

Here is a game write-up from an ND source:

No. 1 Irish Fall to North Carolina in Chapel Hill

We ND fans never found a link to the presser either, but the quotes in the article suggest that there was a presser.

Reaction Score
I find it really odd that no one, not even ND fans, are able to access Muffett's presser. Doesn't the NCAA require that they be posted publicly? Was something said that shouldn't have been? Something doesn't seem right about this ...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well, it is ND and we know that they are not actually treated like most schools...:rolleyes:

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
At least Muffet mentioned UNC in her comments. Apparently there was no other team involved in her prior loss this year.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I find it really odd that no one, not even ND fans, are able to access Muffett's presser. Doesn't the NCAA require that they be posted publicly? Was something said that shouldn't have been? Something doesn't seem right about this ...
No, they do not have to be posted. They are, ultimately, for the press. It is a fairly new thing that they are posted at all. And generally, home pressers are the only ones posted for most schools. Some schools don't post them at all, but the times they are a changing. Away college pressers are usually more informal, except for anticipated "big" games, and of course the NCAA's, where you are likely to see both teams.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I believe the NCAA requires that the coaches have a 'media availability' after every game, but I do not think there is any requirement that it be either video taped and certainly not that anyone post it on-line. Different rules for the tournament than for regular season or conference tournaments.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

The SBT typically only runs the AP game recap for away games. Home games will get a recap by Anthony Anderson. Anderson also previews all games, home and away. So there should be a SBT preview of the Clemson game coming in the next couple days.

Nothing is going on besides the standard pattern of reporting.

Reaction Score
Oh, Ok. Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, KnightBridge and UCMiami! :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom