2022 Recruiting: - Al-Amir Dawes transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Al-Amir Dawes transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So many people see one tweet and assume they can predict the future with absolute certainty because of it.
a) First portal guard on my wish list so far - I think he has enough talent and is the right fit to move the needle
b) Using all telepathic powers available to get the staff after him
c) Sending negative vibes to Cooley at PC, Holloway at Seton Hall, Pikell at Rutgers, to remove the 'lock' that they each are reported to have on Dawes, faux pas all around.
d) Applying remaining telepathic energy towards Dawes to see himself as the missing piece to take over RJ Cole type minutes and role at a top program

It's going to be a tiring day. I barely have enough telepathic energy in the first place to decide what I want for lunch. I already need a nap.
I don’t mean to be pessimistic but here’s my thinking:

We basically said in 2018/2019, “Hey Gaffney is our Plan A, but you’re a solid Plan B so if Gaffney falls thru we’d love to have you”

Who the hell wants to be told that you are Plan B? If I had any self-respect I’d tell Hurley to kick rocks if he came knocking on my door this time around. Plus he in from NJ and there is a lot of smoke surrounding Rutgers and Seton Hall.

I’d almost want to go to Seton Hall so I’d have a chance to beat UConn 2-3x a year.

Reaction Score

We basically said in 2018/2019, “Hey Gaffney is our Plan A, but you’re a solid Plan B so if Gaffney falls thru we’d love to have you”

Who the hell wants to be told that you are Plan B? If I had any self-respect I’d tell Hurley to kick rocks if he came knocking on my door this time around. Plus he in from NJ and there is a lot of smoke surrounding Rutgers and Seton Hall.

I’d almost want to go to Seton Hall so I’d have a chance to beat UConn 2-3x a year.
Idk, I don’t think he’s taking it that personal. There’s plenty of schools who made him their plan b or c. If he chooses any school it won’t be because he wants revenge on UConn

Reaction Score
Not much of a distributor (a little over 2 APG), but does most of his damage from 3 and is an excellent FT shooter. Would be a great addition.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
a) First portal guard on my wish list so far - I think he has enough talent and is the right fit to move the needle
b) Using all telepathic powers available to get the staff after him
c) Sending negative vibes to Cooley at PC, Holloway at Seton Hall, Pikell at Rutgers, to remove the 'lock' that they each are reported to have on Dawes, faux pas all around.
d) Applying remaining telepathic energy towards Dawes to see himself as the missing piece to take over RJ Cole type minutes and role at a top program

It's going to be a tiring day. I barely have enough telepathic energy in the first place to decide what I want for lunch. I already need a nap.
Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Idk, I don’t think he’s taking it that personal. There’s plenty of schools who made him their plan b or c. If he chooses any school it won’t be because he wants revenge on UConn
Maybe just me then, I never give a person an opportunity to say no twice!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree there are schools who made him pick/plan B but were all those plan/pick A choices Gaffney level?

Reaction Score
Don't know if Dawes would be redundant with any of the ST Pete's guards in the portal for a spot at SH/Holloway or not. Battle for NJ guards. .. Steve Pikiell/Holloway/DH-Kimani.. Will continue to be a theme for a long time.

Even if he's not a pure PG.. Looks like a baller who can fill it up and at the very least provide strong secondary ballhandling.. We need bucket-getters no matter what guard position they play.. PG/CG/SG

Get Adama/Johnson on this .. Played at the same HS

Reaction Score

You have seemed very pessimistic about the portal from the beginning. This ain’t the used car lot lol

Reaction Score
I'm not very active on Twitter, but I'm getting into a really funny spat with a Seton Hall fan who called Seton Hall "a powerhouse".

My response: A powerhouse? Dude, your standards are so low. A bet you light up Yelp with tons of five-star reviews. Sounds blissful.

He followed it up with: People don’t realize seton hall is one of the worst jobs in the country what kid wants to go play basketball in south orange NJ, and willard has made us a powerhouse and recognizable brand. It’s Shas time to take us to the next level.

I guess he submitted to my tweet?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'm not very active on Twitter, but I'm getting into a really funny spat with a Seton Hall fan who called Seton Hall "a powerhouse".

My response: A powerhouse? Dude, your standards are so low. A bet you light up Yelp with tons of five-star reviews. Sounds blissful.

He followed it up with: People don’t realize seton hall is one of the worst jobs in the country what kid wants to go play basketball in south orange NJ, and willard has made us a powerhouse and recognizable brand. It’s Shas time to take us to the next level.

I guess he submitted to my tweet?
Powerhouse lol. Most people don’t know Seton Hall College exists.

From what I’ve read I do think there’s some truth that Hall will be heavily involved here given his relationship w/ Sha. I think we’ll be in the mix too.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Powerhouse lol. Most people don’t know Seton Hall College exists.

From what I’ve read I do think there’s some truth that Hall will be heavily involved here given his relationship w/ Sha. I think we’ll be in the mix too.

I agree and never count out DH and staff for recruits vs Hall. Adama was going there until he wasn't. I know Sha H is not Willard but you get the idea.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why people are assuming we will have our pick of a perfect 5-star PG from the portal.
We don't need a perfect PG, but we do need A PG. While Dawes can shoot, he isn't much of a distributor.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why people are assuming we will have our pick of a perfect 5-star PG from the portal.
It doesn’t have to be a perfect 5 star pick to be better than a kid who got benched on an awful Clemson team. If he wants to be a bench piece sure I’ll take him, but if he is playing a big role that is huge step down from RJ.

Reaction Score
Might want to pump the brakes there, partner.

But yes, would love to see Dawes added to the team.
It is you that needs to pump the breaks. You quote mined my comment taking comment out of context. There was an IF before that part of my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom