Al-Amir Dawes Top 8 | The Boneyard

Al-Amir Dawes Top 8

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We have three more National Championships than the rest of those teams combined, right? I believe La Salle is the only other team to have won one (1954--thanks Google...).

Reaction Score
Al-Amir Dawes tells Prep Circuit sets official visits to Providence and Clemson - Four schools have been the most active

"We haven’t locked up anything just yet with UConn, but they will get an official visit after Clemson.”

UConn looks like they will be the next school to receive an official visit from him. Head Coach Dan Hurley wants him to come in and do what he does best.

“Coach Hurley loves playing guards and he has been telling me that I am very tough,” Dawes said. “He tells me that he needs a tough and smart guard. He wants me to make plays and make people better. He thinks I fit in there and he would love to have me.”

“I would say Clemson, UConn, La Salle and Providence have been the most active with me,” he said.

It looks like a final decision could from him sometime next month.

“It would definitely be before the season starts,” said Dawes. “If I were to pick a month, I would probably say the beginning or middle of October.”

Reaction Score
Seems like UConn will push for that official visit if they don't wrap up Gaffney this weekend.
How would you rank UConn's preference of the guards we are recruiting?

Reaction Score
So I want to toss this out to you guys - tcf and husky 99. Is Gaffney just criminally undervalued in current rankings? I get Bouknight slipping with the knee injury. Is the staff just convinced Gaffney is a steal the deal and is equal to Wong?

Inquring minds want to know.....

pj

Reaction Score
Gaffney is more of a PG, Wong a combination guard / scorer. Wong is more developed but Gaffney may have higher upside. Different players, both good. I would guess the staff might prefer Gaffney as (after Bouknight's commitment) PG is more of a need than CG or SG, and Gaffney's possibly higher ceiling is good because alumni in the NBA is good for recruiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom