Akok's AAU Coach Chimes In | The Boneyard

Akok's AAU Coach Chimes In

Reaction Score
“He will be at UConn for the 2019-20 season,” promised Vin Pastore, who coached Akok on the Mass Rivals AAU team and spoke with him on Saturday.

“He had built a good relationship with Tom Moore and then with Dan Hurley over the last few months,” said Pastore, who also coached Adams with Mass Rivals. “He likes them and trusts them. Akok wants to be in the gym getting better and be ready for the 2019-20 season.”

Akok Akok commits to UConn

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Vin was sitting behind bench against UMass Lowell. Staff continues to build a relationship with the best aau program in New England.
You definitely want to be on Vin’s good side or else he may have you offed in some back alley behind his Italian resteraunt or worse he may cut you off from all the New England talent.

Reaction Score
You definitely want to be on Vin’s good side or else he may have you offed in some back alley behind his Italian resteraunt or worse he may cut you off from all the New England talent.
In Vin we trust.

Reaction Score
Vin was sitting behind bench against UMass Lowell. Staff continues to build a relationship with the best aau program in New England.

We are in amazing shape with our coaching staff and their connections through the region. If there was any issue I am sure Hurley squashed it already but I do wonder what Espinosa thought about Akok joining us early after not even telling him he was leaving. The PSA relationship is definitely mutually beneficial.

Reaction Score
That image the other night topped by a poster saying he saw Vin and Tom in the tunnel afterwards has e entrenched in my mind ever since. Me thinks the future is bright.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We are in amazing shape with our coaching staff and their connections through the region. If there was any issue I am sure Hurley squashed it already but I do wonder what Espinosa thought about Akok joining us early after not even telling him he was leaving. The PSA relationship is definitely mutually beneficial.
I’m concerned about that as well. I hope Coach Hurley patched that up. We need a good relationship with PSA.

Reaction Score
Yes ... and you want Hassan Diarra

He seems like a really high level G5 recruit at this point. If he can shoot a little more consistently I would love for him to join the fold. I do think out 2020 schollies will be very precious.

Reaction Score
Not quite sure you have right read here but we’ll agree to disagree

Hes rated in the 200s. Not the most reliable evaluation, but it at least would suggest youre in the minority

Reaction Score
Considering that the best unsigned prospects from PSA are coming to the game against Arizona tomorrow, I think it's probably a complete non issue, but it is something I want to keep tabs on.

;)

Reaction Score
Hes rated in the 200s. Not the most reliable evaluation, but it at least would suggest youre in the minority
Because JR year ratings are so accurate ... I’ll stick with my own judgment. Besides, you commented that Trey Hall was once a 5* ... Trey is a nice young man but anyone who’s ever seen him play never confused him with 5* talent.

Reaction Score
Because JR year ratings are so accurate ... I’ll stick with my own judgment. Besides, you commented that Trey Hall was once a 5* ... Trey is a nice young man but anyone who’s ever seen him play never confused him with 5* talent.

Professional evaluators who saw Trey said he was... and rated him that highly. So you are completely wrong.

He didn't develop athletically compared to his peers and dropped. I could've told you when he was in 8th grade he would hit his peak early. Kid has no hops or mobility. He had a better handle and was taller than the entire CCC.

And junior year ratings are pretty darn good. The summer going into junior year is when the bulk of rising/falling happens--meaning the 2020s right now have pretty thorough evals done. There are not too many drastic changes going into senior year at all. Akok being one of the exceptions.

You're off base here, dude.

Reaction Score
2 ships left & I know focus is on PA & KC.... interesting watch will be Langford. He mentioned previously in an interview (unless I’m mistaken) a reclass to 2019 & a selling point of a package w/ him & Akok....(insiders with a smile face as a reply would definitely encourage my optimism)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I'm Italian and very happy we can still joke about stereotypes here without worrying about backlash or being censored in some way.

1543727740383.png

C

Chief00

PC’s Brian Blaney had the IN with Mass Rivals the last couple years - good to see we are back even with PC having an open scholarship.

Reaction Score
Professional evaluators who saw Trey said he was... and rated him that highly. So you are completely wrong.

He didn't develop athletically compared to his peers and dropped. I could've told you when he was in 8th grade he would hit his peak early. Kid has no hops or mobility. He had a better handle and was taller than the entire CCC.

And junior year ratings are pretty darn good. The summer going into junior year is when the bulk of rising/falling happens--meaning the 2020s right now have pretty thorough evals done. There are not too many drastic changes going into senior year at all. Akok being one of the exceptions.

You're off base here, dude.
Okay hotshot, I’m not here to argue and I do typically enjoy your take on things.

At the end of the day Hassan Diarra may indeed end up playing for a mid-major program but not because of lack of talent but moreso due to limited roster availability and lack of awareness of his skill set. Any coach worth his weight in salt wants a team of guys with his toughness and determination and I guarantee you Hurley is one of them.

BTW, if you can provide the names of the “professional evaluators” (preferably someone outside of the CBTBL) who felt TH was ever a 5* prospect it would be appreciated, I’d like to remove them from my reading list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom