Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
last season, it seemed ridiculous the small amount of time that he played, unless there was a mutual understanding between coach and him to come back slowly.
this season, it seems ridiculous the small amount of time that he plays, unless there is a mutual understanding between coach and him to come back slowly.
he has potentially years left here, so i'll just assume that the 'slow roll' is the game plan. do i know that? no. is it possible? yes.
not everrone is kevin durant. in fact, no one is. that's why he is kevin durant.
it does seem, at times, and from the expression on his face, that akok is pleasantly surprised when he does a physical thing, and his body does not shatter into a million pieces. i like that look from him.
mebbe his mental state is akin to a first time car accident driver, or a first timer getting thrown from a horse, or a child falling off their bike for the first time. idk.
u ever a see a newer driver getting behind the wheel early after an accident? sumtimes, it's shaking hands city. we all learn at a different pace.
jury is out on who he is and what he may become. im certainly cheering for him, and hoping for the best.
'it does seem, at times, and from the expression on his face, that akok is pleasantly surprised when he does a physical thing, and his body does not shatter into a million pieces. i like that look from him.'
check this at around 1:30

the man is overjoyed that he made an iffy airborne and stuck the landing in one piece. with his special hop for the blocked shot, he did both learning that the right leg is most reliably hoppable, while he learns what the left can do safely. progress.

Reaction Score
He is no way a 4 in Div1 high level basketball
He's a 3 and needs to be playing the 3 but on this team with Tyrese and DH's determination to give AJ as many minutes as he has - Akok isn't seeing those minutes. I would like to see Akok take some of AJ's minutes because I think he could put some points in the board with some mid range jumpers that are there for AJ but he refuses to take them. Akok still needs to work on playing D with his feet.
Yeah let’s stick Akok out on the perimeter on D where his shot blocking is wasted… Akok has never played a minute of basketball at the 3 in his entire life

Reaction Score
Yeah let’s stick Akok out on the perimeter on D where his shot blocking is wasted… Akok has never played a minute of basketball at the 3 in his entire life
His shotblocking is typically from the weakside. It wouldn't be wasted.

Reaction Score
His shotblocking is typically from the weakside. It wouldn't be wasted.
yes it would. to be a weak shot shot blocker you have to be active in the paint/around the basket and a SF spends a lot more time out on the perimeter compared to a PF, especially in man to man D which we play. he's not out there to block 3 pointers he protects the rim.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom