Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He plays through his JR year or doesn't go to the NBA in round 1 AKA makes a mistake if he leaves before then. 18 months from now he won't be one of the best 30 NBA prospects. Will not be back for his sr year under IMO.

By being a mobile 6'10 guy who can shoot the 3 and block shots, he'll be in in the top 30 prospects. It's projections, not current development that matters

Reaction Score
We never had a player this skinny right? He does not have the body for the NBA and it's unlikely he'll have it anytime soon. Skills yes but he wants to not sit the bench on an NBA roster so if he goes at the right time maybe it's to his benefit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His and-one celebration at the beginning of the game on the floor can't happen anymore....I thought it was a reaction to an injury, mild heart attack.

Great game for Akok, let's keep it rolling!

Raw emotion from a kid who loves the game. Gotta be careful because that is infectious to the rest of the team.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
He plays through his JR year or doesn't go to the NBA in round 1 AKA makes a mistake if he leaves before then. 18 months from now he won't be one of the best 30 NBA prospects. Will not be back for his sr year under IMO.

That is not how the NBA works. For the most part, the longer you stay in college the more you drop in the NBA Draft.

In Akok's case, if he doesn't leave this year he will leave next year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We never had a player this skinny right? He does not have the body for the NBA and it's unlikely he'll have it anytime soon. Skills yes but he wants to not sit the bench on an NBA roster so if he goes at the right time maybe it's to his benefit.

IDonyell, Hilton, Rip, Lamb,,,,??

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Akok is not, at this point, an NBA player. The talent and potential are undeniable but right now he needs another year. Of course, we are also four games into his college career so the idea that we should even be contemplating his departure is silly. I think we are just so starved for an early entry NBA stud.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ynW4OBWU_bLtm-1YMNAkbroxyc2N--yxU8fzO-SN9BKEYn81gkPJZWalr_ppGFj4lfJqzGV-xaIjsdzNuw9-d2NH8T1ytOlrMpVW29h3bPutDug4phT4sJkfJYZXPabelZQIcmyg2AOs14PV984ypM5z_V6LmCnBaNmyjsAlHuEo75G4-bEuCedai-WIcG0gwed_OC8BiOun6LG-LwDoL2lRwxhr7s8DyemT32BTJBYjaCwK6mlVn1rwTUOyeSV-fNZj3cHwl0tvdakpaWUeWbQ2upv7quC2k9VnP8zsZxoxae6s000ko_4ARkcVdSrc_BXBCkTRoXr6nAmBmlZYfOT2SxhPPj-15dsgGJfLQPOlFnC0QyjOrF8Sy8pB5asKy3WBYuoz_Oum3zxLl8X9PPKphMKqmonF3y5begNsuxKpJKiSqRCba7fI20eKL2yyeJWYlasOBh4u88p-IIKjdcpxlG5hwoS6bclY-tp2giRz5OnPbuD1mh72M9pew7yt_DoU89mUA10r-XsN0omM9RfM9PKtQHv7zT9DtUwigKAl5T7tsx4kBm_0Hlbl8whwudF3iJi-SCiOx_BqFJqQDktLyzrCMDzmHl0lAIX2RU8WsEniFihAhgvh7Etkd45kS1fFGoEDJdSznTYxqlJCQKOM89oNBp9K9fgQCAA8G6a2itiCQaj44aZmP2opjsClBL5b6eSUApFiQHEnucgZHeCGF5868bMezseIHvk5n5PaTs7UNWpkqWxyT8Jq=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft
Lol, he looks like he is getting shocked by a taser.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Akok is not, at this point, an NBA player. The talent and potential are undeniable but right now he needs another year. Of course, we are also four games into his college career so the idea that we should even be contemplating his departure is silly. I think we are just so starved for an early entry NBA stud.

We were talking about him staying 3 years. I think 2 is much, much more likely. Don't think anybody implied he was jumping this year.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
We were talking about him staying 3 years. I think 2 is much, much more likely. Don't think anybody implied he was jumping this year.

Yep 2 years is likely. He was also here since last Jan so 2.5 it would be.

Reaction Score
The kid has played 4 games and we all, me included start the speculation and talk of him leaving. It kinda ruins the moment.

Reaction Score
Akok will stay for the championship... I hope!Love him so far. I think he has donyell upside. Long ways to go, I am waiting for the 360 dunk off a steal. My favorite!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Post #3. I probably should have quoted it.

Reaction Score
That is not how the NBA works. For the most part, the longer you stay in college the more you drop in the NBA Draft.

In Akok's case, if he doesn't leave this year he will leave next year.

If he leaves this year he won't get drafted lmao, that's how the NBA works.

Reaction Score
By being a mobile 6'10 guy who can shoot the 3 and block shots, he'll be in in the top 30 prospects. It's projections, not current development that matters

They aren't one in a million anymore like they were 5-10 years ago. Reasonable amount of guys that are his size with these skills. 6'10" lmao thought we already cleared that up. Kids going to be a good college freshman this year, might not even be the best freshman on his own team. He COULD leave after next yyear but I think it's more liekly it's 3 for him. He leaves this year he WILL NOT be drafted in the first round, end of story. Mark it down

Attachments

• UCONN.jpg
    UCONN.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 10

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They aren't one in a million anymore like they were 5-10 years ago. Reasonable amount of guys that are his size with these skills.

No there aren't you're crazy. Every team would love to have that kind of player, even if they already have one. Acting like teams aren't looking for this is nutz.

6'10" lmao thought we already cleared that up. Kids going to be a good college freshman this year, might not even be the best freshman on his own team.

Judging height from a Team photo is laugh out loud funny. Your line there is totally meaningless. Everybody has different shoulder heights, neck lengths, face lengths, and most importantly, arm length/reach. Hell, even different shoe heights.

He COULD leave after next yyear but I think it's more liekly it's 3 for him. He leaves this year he WILL NOT be drafted in the first round, end of story. Mark it down

Nobody said he'd be a first rounder this year. Nobody's even talking about him going this year. Everybody is talking about next year. End of year 2.

Reaction Score
No there aren't you're crazy. Every team would love to have that kind of player, even if they already have one. Acting like teams aren't looking for this is nutz.

Judging height from a Team photo is laugh out loud funny. Your line there is totally meaningless. Everybody has different shoulder heights, neck lengths, face lengths, and most importantly, arm length/reach. Hell, even different shoe heights.

Nobody said he'd be a first rounder this year. Nobody's even talking about him going this year. Everybody is talking about next year. End of year 2.

Maybe not on this thread but trust me you look and you will see that nonsense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom