Akok starts practicing today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok starts practicing today

Reaction Score
Akok Akok’s next chapter begins at UConn, as a walk-on — for now

Chef was right all along about Danny's feelings on Kwintin Williams:

And even if Williams had left the program, the situation would likely still be the same. While it’s true a team can replace a player who willingly leaves a program with another scholarship player, Hurley called that “bush league” and said that’s not how he wants to run a program.
actually talk about a contradiction amirite

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Akok Akok’s next chapter begins at UConn, as a walk-on — for now

Chef was right all along about Danny's feelings on Kwintin Williams:

And even if Williams had left the program, the situation would likely still be the same. While it’s true a team can replace a player who willingly leaves a program with another scholarship player, Hurley called that “bush league” and said that’s not how he wants to run a program.
actually talk about a contradiction amirite

Nice detailed answers on Akok, etc. This article should be required reading so we don't get more questions about him playing 2nd semester.

"The greatest walk-on since Drummond" !

Reaction Score
So Akok is allowed to practice with the team, but not play in games this semester due to his status as a recruited walk on who is receiving financial aid of some sort? Just looking to clarify.

I gather that Kwintin Williams is still suspended indefinitely. I hope he at least sticks around to get his degree, for his own good as well as the APR for the team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So Akok is allowed to practice with the team, but not play in games this semester due to his status as a recruited walk on who is receiving financial aid of some sort? Just looking to clarify.

I gather that Kwintin Williams is still suspended indefinitely. I hope he at least sticks around to get his degree, for his own good as well as the APR for the team.

Yes and Yes.

C_nFirm_d.

Ten Four.

Reaction Score
I have a funny feeling we may never see him play a game for UConn
There's no way with his build he should go pro either here or abroad. This guy should stay in college 2 years plus.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So if I read that article correctly, Akok chose to take out financial aid to go to UCONN and NOT go for free to Syracuse, Georgetown or Pitt!!! Hurley is a wizard and beating Boeheim never gets old. Beating Ewing and Capel makes it even sweeter.

Reaction Score
That was the peak night in Boneyard history. I still have a picture of the golden dump I took right when A Dime Back reported Hurley agreed a contract.
I was sobering up after the 6 hours of speculation. Only to get drunk again.

Reaction Score
I just don’t see him putting on a uconn uniform ... but hope I’m wrong

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom