Akok Scouting Report/Player Comparison (247Sports) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Scouting Report/Player Comparison (247Sports)

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
I'm hoping he'll be similar to a Deandre Daniels. Might not be the highest volume 3 point shooter but if he can make and take a couple open ones a game he will be an impact role player on this team. Plus defensively with his length, shot blocking, and Polley's lack of lateral quickness I have to think he's an immediate defensive upgrade.

Reaction Score
The idea isn't for him to be coming off of screens for long 2s, were talking about posting up at the free throw line during a zone defense. He has the height and shooting ability to catch and put up a quick free throw.

Sid/Polley, and whoever is playing center can then crash the boards on a miss. Once he gets some time practicing with the team, if the shot isn't there learning to kick a pass out to the open 3-point man isn't rocket science...

Sid or Polley playing the center crashing the boards? We will be the worst offensive rebounding team in the nation.

Reaction Score
Sid or Polley playing the center crashing the boards? We will be the worst offensive rebounding team in the nation.

No, Sid and/or Polley PLUS whoever is playing center, be that Carlton or a grad transfer

Reaction Score
He's changed his form some recently--hand more under the middle of the ball. I think we should anticipate a higher %% from there. He also won't likely be shooting as many with us. Rivals really lets their stars put up too many bad shots.

He also had a much better summer than spring. 2/23 spring. 9/22 in the summer. That's from Prep circuit.

I think he'll be pretty streaky for a couple years at any level until he dials in his form some.
With his thin frame his physical development will be limited. Aspiring to be an NBA player, that's his ticket, he's going to need that outside shot; he's not strong enough to play in the paint at that level. I've read that he's a focused kid who will work on his game. Looking forward to seeing him in the lineup whenever that actually happens.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah, i'd say Chris Boucher is a good comparison, at least to what we hope Akok will be.

If he’s Boucher as an upperclassmen then we are probably going to the final four.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
With his thin frame his physical development will be limited. Aspiring to be an NBA player, that's his ticket, he's going to need that outside shot; he's not strong enough to play in the paint at that level. I've read that he's a focused kid who will work on his game. Looking forward to seeing him in the lineup whenever that actually happens.

I hope that part of the reason he is here already is to work with Sal, and add 20 pounds by fall. He must know he needs it. You don't see guys with that build in the NBA anymore.

We need it too. What we need even more than 3 point shooting is a guy who can score around the rim. Preferably people who can do both, as Villanova has.

Honestly we need similar development from Sid. He has to get stronger, better from 3 and tougher o he can score inside.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping he'll be similar to a Deandre Daniels. Might not be the highest volume 3 point shooter but if he can make and take a couple open ones a game he will be an impact role player on this team. Plus defensively with his length, shot blocking, and Polley's lack of lateral quickness I have to think he's an immediate defensive upgrade.
That’s pretty fair. Better shot blocker, worse defensive rebounder though.

Reaction Score
No, they cant be the backup for "Plus".

not sure exactly what that means but polley and wilson should not be starting next year, in other words they are backups, regardless of who's playing center. it also doesn't mean wilson, polley, akok and a center can't all be on the floor together, it's just a big lineup.

best case scenario:
gilbert
vital
precious
akok
mitchell/wahab

Last edited:
Reaction Score
593B30C2-45C3-4CE4-A482-78FD102D29CA.jpeg

A match made in heaven

Online statistics

Members online