Akok Scouting Report/Player Comparison (247Sports) | The Boneyard

Akok Scouting Report/Player Comparison (247Sports)

Reaction Score
Akok Akok, Putnam Science Academy, Power Forward

Scouting Report
A long, lean and versatile forward prospect. He’s active, energetic and consistently plays hard. He’s fluid, runs the floor with ease and possesses good athleticism. Has value as a rim protector. Has good timing to go with the length, athleticism and instincts. Offensively can stretch the floor with his jump shot and is capable of heating up from distance. He’s also a good shooter from mid-range. Especially considering his size, he handles the ball well and is able to start the break off rebounds. Areas for improvement include strength and developing a back-to-the-basket game. He improved as much as any player in the class over his last year and a half, and if that continues he’s tracking as a potential first-rounder one day.

Draft projection: First Round

Player Comparison: Deyonta Davis (averaged 18.6 minutes, 7.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 1.8 blocks in one season at Michigan State [2015-16], drafted 2nd round, pick 1)

Reaction Score
Shooting-wise, yes. Idk if we have anyone who can play from the foul line yet. Precious would fit that role nicely.

I dunno, I think Akok would be perfect at the foul line

If he can clean up his jump shot Sid as well

Reaction Score
So when can we see him play? Do we have to wait until 2nd semester starts?

Reaction Score
Take this with a grain of salt, but Akok had just committed when I talked to Trey Hall who played AAU against Akok, and he said Akok has a lot better post game than people realize. That sure would be nice to see next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I dunno, I think Akok would be perfect at the foul line

If he can clean up his jump shot Sid as well

He's a 3 point shooter. You don't take that away from him by putting him at the foul line. Not good enough passing, or strong enough with the ball to play from that spot. IMO it would be a disaster.

Reaction Score
Wow. He made him sound really good. I like. Can’t wait to get some talent on that floor

Reaction Score
I think Deyonta davis is a poor comparison.

Didn't take a single 3 in college, and has 30 lbs on akok at the same stage. Don't even play the same position...

Those post ups aren't going to happen with Akok. He's going to hit 3s, block shots, and catch lobs. That's his skill set right now.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
He needs a lot of Joe Weider muscle products
Before next season. Maybe the gold arm blaster also.

Reaction Score

Didn't take a single 3 in college, and has 30 lbs on akok at the same stage. Don't even play the same position...

Those post ups aren't going to happen with Akok. He's going to hit 3s, block shots, and catch lobs. That's his skill set right now.
Yeah, i'd say Chris Boucher is a good comparison, at least to what we hope Akok will be.

Reaction Score

Think it's basically height/length/defensive upside/rough draft range comparison. As you said, the rest is way off.

Reaction Score
He's a 3 point shooter. You don't take that away from him by putting him at the foul line. Not good enough passing, or strong enough with the ball to play from that spot. IMO it would be a disaster.
I think Wilson and Ajok could both be great top of the key players. If they are just hanging out at the 3 point line then the team is in trouble. The offense needs people moving. I used to love watching RIP work the offensive side, moving around screens and constantly curling to get shots. He was deadly from midrange and 3 point. Sid and Ajok could develop into that type of player, and with their length and size, eventually become good high-low passers.
Finally, with their length I would also like to see both develop little baby hooks with either hand.

Reaction Score
I think Wilson and Ajok could both be great top of the key players. If they are just hanging out at the 3 point line then the team is in trouble. The offense needs people moving. I used to love watching RIP work the offensive side, moving around screens and constantly curling to get shots. He was deadly from midrange and 3 point. Sid and Ajok could develop into that type of player, and with their length and size, eventually become good high-low passers.
Finally, with their length I would also like to see both develop little baby hooks with either hand.

Akok isn't going to be curling off of screens for long 2s against a zone or anytime zone in this offense. Akok does not yet have the instincts to be passing from that spot.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Akok isn't going to be curling off of screens for long 2s against a zone or anytime zone in this offense. Akok does not yet have the instincts to be passing from that spot.

This is quite literally the last thing I can think of wanting Akok to do.

Reaction Score
This is quite literally the last thing I can think of wanting Akok to do.

He does not have that kind of stop-n-go or lateral speed. He can get up and down the court, but he's not a guard for a reason.

Reaction Score
Everyone knows Akok shot 23 percent from 3 on Adidas right? Yet he’s going to be our zone buster from the wing?

Reaction Score
He does not have that kind of stop-n-go or lateral speed. He can get up and down the court, but he's not a guard for a reason.

The idea isn't for him to be coming off of screens for long 2s, were talking about posting up at the free throw line during a zone defense. He has the height and shooting ability to catch and put up a quick free throw.

Sid/Polley, and whoever is playing center can then crash the boards on a miss. Once he gets some time practicing with the team, if the shot isn't there learning to kick a pass out to the open 3-point man isn't rocket science...

Reaction Score
The idea isn't for him to be coming off of screens for long 2s, were talking about posting up at the free throw line during a zone defense. He has the height and shooting ability to catch and put up a quick free throw.

Sid/Polley, and whoever is playing center can then crash the boards on a miss. Once he gets some time practicing with the team, if the shot isn't there learning to kick a pass out to the open 3-point man isn't rocket science...

Spaceman wrote about curling for long 2s. That was what I responded to.

He doesn't have that mid-range shot in his arsenal. Nor the strength and ball control to be effective at the 3 point line. I am 100% sure of this. I am sure he WILL be put there, but it isnt the key to a good offense right now

Reaction Score
Everyone knows Akok shot 23 percent from 3 on Adidas right? Yet he’s going to be our zone buster from the wing?

He's changed his form some recently--hand more under the middle of the ball. I think we should anticipate a higher %% from there. He also won't likely be shooting as many with us. Rivals really lets their stars put up too many bad shots.

He also had a much better summer than spring. 2/23 spring. 9/22 in the summer. That's from Prep circuit.

I think he'll be pretty streaky for a couple years at any level until he dials in his form some.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom