Akok looked like the best player on the court tonight | The Boneyard

Akok looked like the best player on the court tonight

Reaction Score
Win or lose, he looked like the best player on the court tonight in my eyes. It feels like we have 7 defenders every time he is on the court. His presence in the paint, and ability to move on air time is better than anyone on our team. Yeah, he isn't able to create his own shot or anything yet. But we are a much, much better team with him between the lines and he's a freshman. I mean our team was night and day with him tonight. We were annihilated with him out.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
His opening Akok Block party was epic!!!

The kid has a great motor and a will to want to succeed. Will pay off huge soon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was definitely the most impactful and the best pro prospect playing in the game.

Reaction Score
He was and he should’ve played more. Akok is a smart player. Our weakness as a team is that we make too many dumb plays. Akok helps that when he’s on the court and I would trust him with foul trouble more than most of our other guys. Hurley needs to trust his talent. Get bouknight involved. Let akok dominate. And even in the first half gaffney or Adams or anyone else could have taken the minutes Vital had at point guard and not turned the ball over 4 times. NEVER EVER EVER PLAY VITAL AT POINT GUARD. Hurley knows better but he didn’t have the trust.

Reaction Score
He was so much better than everyone else on the floor. Danny is killing me with his use/non use of Bouknight.
He’s a bad defender and was making bad decisions. Not that any other guard played better, but he didn’t really deserve to get much run. At least AG can shut down on the other end.

Reaction Score
He was so much better than everyone else on the floor. Danny is killing me with his use/non use of Bouknight.
Tonight JB looked like a deer in headlights.
Big game at the world famous arena. Remember he is only a freshman.

Reaction Score
He was and he should’ve played more. Akok is a smart player. Our weakness as a team is that we make too many dumb plays. Akok helps that when he’s on the court and I would trust him with foul trouble more than most of our other guys. Hurley needs to trust his talent. Get bouknight involved. Let akok dominate. And even in the first half gaffney or Adams or anyone else could have taken the minutes Vital had at point guard and not turned the ball over 4 times. NEVER EVER EVER PLAY VITAL AT POINT GUARD. Hurley knows better but he didn’t have the trust.

Yeah. I think Hurley may have choked a bit tonight. Not holding Rique and CV accountable was the difference. Putting Vital at PG instead of any other guard was the difference. It's important to keep those guys confident, but a quick hook and a talk from an assistant would have done the job. Hurley knows his personnel... but he didn't trust his guys enough.

Reaction Score
We need more guys nipping at AGs heels. CV....no idea why he played so much

Reaction Score
Holy hell this kids energy boosts he gives this team is unbelievable. It’s like we somewhat deflate when he leaves the court.

Reaction Score
Win or lose, he looked like the best player on the court tonight in my eyes. It feels like we have 7 defenders every time he is on the court. His presence in the paint, and ability to move on air time is better than anyone on our team. Yeah, he isn't able to create his own shot or anything yet. But we are a much, much better team with him between the lines and he's a freshman. I mean our team was night and day with him tonight. We were annihilated with him out.
He was easily the best player on the court. What a difference maker. Now we need Bouk to wake up and show us what he’s got.

Reaction Score
I think tonight is another example of a coach being scared of the 3rd foul and it hurting the team

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
People forget this was true with Florida too. They were about to blow our wheels off at the beginning of the game and Akok wasn't having it.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I think Hurley may have choked a bit tonight. Not holding Rique and CV accountable was the difference. Putting Vital at PG instead of any other guard was the difference. It's important to keep those guys confident, but a quick hook and a talk from an assistant would have done the job. Hurley knows his personnel... but he didn't trust his guys enough.

Quick hooks are great, but you have to have confidence in the guys who you are putting in for them. Adams and Bouknight played 17 and 15 minutes respectively during which combined 32 minutes they each contributed 0 points, 0 assists and 3 turnovers.

When no guards are playing well, I'm not sure what during the game moves you expect the coach to make. It was a shame because our bigs -- Akok, Carlton, Polley and Sid -- all played great, well or solid.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I thought he played great until he wore out and needed a break, which seemed to happen way too early. He never had that same energy after he came back in, and was pretty invisible after that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom