Akok and Bouk | The Boneyard

Akok and Bouk

Reaction Score
Akok's first few of buckets kept UConn from another absolutely disastrous start. In previous games he deferred to Gilbert, Vital and others to get things going. Tonight, either consciously or subconsciously, Akok was not going to let UConn pi$$ away the first 5 minutes.

Game started with Carlton missing an easy layup (he should have scored at least 20 if he put together a whole game), a horrible AG turnover, a Carlton turnover, a couple of Buffalo dunks. Myself and likely many others were in "here we go again mode". Then Akok took over and scored the 1st 7 points. Would have been a tough hole to dig out of if AG and Vital started to force things.

Bouk has us all excited. His game reminds me of Rip with a better handle. Using screens and having the mid range game. He also has that natural rebounding instinct. So much of Bouk's game is not teachable. He will be a special player. Hurley is making him earn the time and pay his penance for this personal error, but his minutes will no doubt increase dramatically.

By the way, 9 players with over 10 minutes and 1 with 8 minutes. A bench that is 10 deep with Cole and Springs using 2 scholarships. Team should be amazingly deep next year with the recruits coming in.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don’t forget Gaffney.

He's well behind the other two in terms of development (part of that is position--freshman PG is tough), but you can see the potential there.

He needs to really, really work on his D tho.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Lamb is 6-7 with a 6-10 wingspan. Maybe he's more like Wayne Ellington? The league has gotten so big now, just trying to see where he would fit.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Lamb is 6-7 with a 6-10 wingspan. Maybe he's more like Wayne Ellington? The league has gotten so big now, just trying to see where he would fit.

Jeremy lamb is 6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan.

Bouk is 6'4. Don't know his wingspan.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I wasn't saying he has the same measurables -- I've no idea what james's are. He's just probably gonna be on the J Lamb trajectory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom