Akok Akok collapses on the court, is ok now | The Boneyard

Akok Akok collapses on the court, is ok now

Reaction Score
It happened Friday night so it was posted then. Good to see in your update article that he's doing well. Long thread here wishing him well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Akok made his regular season debut tonight vs Pitt. They're basically giving him hockey shifts - 1.5-2 mins at a time. He's maybe played 5 mins of the first 30. No pts, couple of blocks. Got a big cheer from the WV crowd when he first came in.

Reaction Score
Akok made his regular season debut tonight vs Pitt. They're basically giving him hockey shifts - 1.5-2 mins at a time. He's maybe played 5 mins of the first 30. No pts, couple of blocks. Got a big cheer from the WV crowd when he first came in.

At the end of his last shift he looked really bad. Thought he might pass out again.

Reaction Score
If he's not healthy it's potentially life threatening to be playing him. What's the point? Is he going to play pro ball somewhere?
Not likely, based on his statistics in college thus far, but I guess every player sees that possibility and wants to reach their goals.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he's not healthy it's potentially life threatening to be playing him. What's the point? Is he going to play pro ball somewhere?
Not likely, based on his statistics in college thus far, but I guess every player sees that possibility and wants to reach their goals.
Well, Reggie Lewis had the idea that he would rather die then not play again, or that's how former Patriots linebacker Vincent Brown explained it when he said he understood why Reggie Lewis kept playing.

I don't know if Akok Akok has that mindset, but yeah he might want to consider hanging up the sneakers. It will be mentally tough for him, but it might be for the best. Damn, I just wish this guy the best in life hope he catches more than his fair share of positive breaks. Lord knows he has had way too many tough breaks.

Reaction Score
Well, Reggie Lewis had the idea that he would rather die then not play again, or that's how former Patriots linebacker Vincent Brown explained it when he said he understood why Reggie Lewis kept playing.

I don't know if Akok Akok has that mindset, but yeah he might want to consider hanging up the sneakers. It will be mentally tough for him, but it might be for the best. Damn, I just wish this guy the best in life hope he catches more than his fair share of positive breaks. Lord knows he has had way too many tough breaks.
Bronny James is another. He certainly doesn't need the NBA money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom