Akok aka(SAT edition) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok aka(SAT edition)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Assuming Akok did enroll for the 2nd semester, when could he officially join the team: when the first semester ends, or when the second one begins?

If Akok Akok is on a bus from Putnam traveling at 45 MPH, and Dan Hurley is riding a unicycle from Storrs at 500 MPH, when will Kofi Cockburn commit?

Reaction Score
More useless information from my memory:

I remember when Edmond Saunders was in high school and was having a hard time scoring the 720 to pass the clearinghouse. Our high school played Holy Cross and chanted 720 most of the game as Edmond windmill dunked and shot 3s.

Then he went to UConn and everyone rooted for him and he contributed on a ‘ship team.

7 freaking 20. I kinda get it if you grew up in a foreign country but after you put your name down I’d guess you could randomly fill bubbles and get close to 720.
It’s a test designed for kids with money. And it’s also based on the coursework you’ve been exposed to. So college prep kids (no honors) won’t be able to, even with tutors, get much more than 1000-1200. Those are the average SAT scores for kids who took college prep courses.
The higher scores are for kids who took honors and AP classes. So if you took honors classes in middle and HS, the critical thinking and levels of math you’ve been exposed to are automatically higher than a straight A student in college prep classes.
A kid that is from another country who took only college prep and maybe courses that weren’t even college prep, might have a hard time, especially if it’s at a poor school.

Using this example, in 8th grade, in honors math, my daughter will likely do no better than a 600-650 in math on the SAT. Why? Because in her school that’s just Algebra. They have kids that are doing 10th grade math. So by the time they take the SAT, they will have covered the highest level of math that the SAT covers. Those are the kids that have the 750-800 potential. She has already placed out of that range. In honors math. With an A. Think about that.

Reaction Score
The kid did 4+ HS years and never took a PSAT / SAT / whatever??

Reaction Score
The kid did 4+ HS years and never took a PSAT / SAT / whatever??
Might've taken the PSAT just not the SAT. Most public schools now take part in the national PSAT days, not sure about PSA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom