Ajerseyguy | The Boneyard

Ajerseyguy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ouch, so now were not a true top 100 program, in football or basketball

"The current Big East will emerge as a 10 team football league without a true dominant Top 100 contender on a consistent basis. It will be part of the non-BCS pack."

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=5119

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement. So long credibility. I know some said he had no credibility but this certainly cements that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Does he know there are only 120 FBS teams?

Reaction Score
If he doesnt think Uconn is in the top 100 where does he think bcu is?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The lesson is clear. Cross ESPN, and they will destroy you.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
A Jersey Guy's blog is littered with typos and grammatical errors. I would have to imagine he meant Top 10.

Reaction Score
I'll say this and not to make matters worse, but if the old cliche' perception is reality has any merit, times are dismal. If you take some peaks around at some of the more credible speculators out there(non WV residence), Uconn has become an afterthought at this point. Where once the pups were at least a conversation point, they're not even that anymore. Momentum since the ACC snub has come to a halt and it's really amounted to being the shiniest terd.

It's gotten to the point as a fan where taking a long vacation, saying some hail mary's, and waking back up 2-3 years from now sounds like a good idea. It will always be a lot more fan sucking in a league full of relevant goliaths, having the opportunity to be a David and grow into a goliath(80's to 90's) is a lot more fun that being a goliath in a league full of non relevance. You always have the hope card. The hardest part of this is seeing what took so much to build go into a collapse.

It continues to amaze on how absolutely horse$hit the cards have fallen in this past year plus. You could not dream up an uglier mess. Stuck with complete FB coach taking it to a no bowl season, a BB program on probation after a flop of a season, it's HOF coach retiring and the events of realignment. Not sure you could have drawn up a more painful series of events. And who do you blame? I guess whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It just doesn't seem like there is much consolation to being stronger in the NBE.

It's gotten to the point where I do start wondering if college athletics are even worth bothering with anymore.

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement. So long credibility. I know some said he had no credibility but this certainly cements that.
Don't say that. Upsetstater will not be happy. He believes all Blauds writes and has ordained him the most credible source out there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't say that. Upsetstater will not be happy. He believes all Blauds writes and has ordained him the most credible source out there.

Because one time he had information. That he has been wrong every time since is not a consideration.

Reaction Score
What kills me is I sometimes get the feeling that past UConn administrations worked harder at keeping the big east together than at trying to make sure UConn got out. I have nothing to base that on but it sure sucks being the last one in the burning house.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What kills me is I sometimes get the feeling that past UConn administrations worked harder at keeping the big east together than at trying to make sure UConn got out. I have nothing to base that on but it sure sucks being the last one in the burning house.

I don't think that is a feeling, I think that is the reality.

Reaction Score
I made a comment. Looks like he fixed it:

'The current Big East will emerge as a 10 team football league without a true dominant Top 10 contender on a consistent basis. It will be part of the non-BCS pack.'

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well that isn't really a change since other than the Kelly Bearcat teams no one was a consistent threat to be in the Top 10 anyway.

Reaction Score
Perhaps he had a typo and meant top-10, not 100?

Thank you. Obviously a typo, he meant top 10. UMASS was almost a top 100 team. The question is accidental typo or intentional typo just to be a jerk? I'm leaning toward intentional.

Reaction Score
If true, shoot me now. That reality sucks donkey nuts. Here I was hoping that was just part of my denial stage.

Reaction Score
blauds 12:18pm via Mobile Web (M2)
Big East future could be on promotion as much as performance ajerseyguy.com

Among other points...

>>Lots of work to be done here and that is the reason the money is so low. The key here for NBC and the Big East would be to work hard on non-conference games. Make it mandatory for every Big East school to schedule at least one Top 25 program each year, which would allow NBC to put some of those games on the main network or in prime time.

There might be some interest if say, you had these choices

1. Tulsa-Oklahoma
2. Cincinnati-Ohio State
3. UConn-Michigan
4. UCF-Florida State
5. East Carolina-Clemson
6. SMU-Texas
7. Houston-Texas A&M
8. South Florida- Florida
9. Memphis–Alabama
10. Temple-Notre Dame
11. LSU-Tulane
12. Navy-Army, Navy-Oregon

The draw in each case would be the opposing team, not the Big East team.<<

Reaction Score

Why do people get hyperbolic? What's wrong with your brain? Is it wrong to credit a guy for 3 scoops?

I had a thread started here criticizing his inaccurate blog a couple weeks ago.

It's OK to be discerning. It's OK to say he's right sometime, he's wrong sometime. I've done that. But what's the matter with you?

Reaction Score

Tranghese already said this was true. But they were integral in keeping it together twice. Both times were prior to 2004. if they hadn't kept it together, they wouldn't have joined for football.

Reaction Score
Tranghese already said this was true. But they were integral in keeping it together twice. Both times were prior to 2004. if they hadn't kept it together, they wouldn't have joined for football.
Good to know thanks.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
blauds 12:18pm via Mobile Web (M2)
Big East future could be on promotion as much as performance ajerseyguy.com

Among other points...

>>Lots of work to be done here and that is the reason the money is so low. The key here for NBC and the Big East would be to work hard on non-conference games. Make it mandatory for every Big East school to schedule at least one Top 25 program each year, which would allow NBC to put some of those games on the main network or in prime time.

There might be some interest if say, you had these choices

1. Tulsa-Oklahoma
2. Cincinnati-Ohio State
3. UConn-Michigan
4. UCF-Florida State
5. East Carolina-Clemson
6. SMU-Texas
7. Houston-Texas A&M
8. South Florida- Florida
9. Memphis–Alabama
10. Temple-Notre Dame
11. LSU-Tulane
12. Navy-Army, Navy-Oregon

The draw in each case would be the opposing team, not the Big East team.<<
This makes sense but the problem is the NBE teams need to get these Top 25 teams to want to play them. In some cases, it would require teams to not get a return home game or have to have that home game at a neutral site. I just don't like that idea but I guess if it's going to help, we gotta do what we can. I just feel that with conferences possibly following the B1G and scheduling more conference games, access to playing bigger name teams is going to drop for the non-power teams. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom