AJax already in a 2022 mock NBA draft! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AJax already in a 2022 mock NBA draft!

Reaction Score
Not a typical frosh season with reduced schedule, Covid breaks, out several weeks with bad wrist. He never really got it going. But he's a stud with all the tools except a consistent shot and if he finds that then watch out. I think your opinion of him will change as this season progresses.
Not sure I agree. He fouls non stop and when he drives to the basket he gets his shot blocked. I hope he does great but we have to wait and see.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy if he just plays good enough to get starter minutes. I usually overestimate how good UConn players are/can be. This must be one of my rare underestimate cases.

Reaction Score
All of the above. If you seriously think he's going to be in the NBA next year, which I don't think you do, and he ends up there, I'll send you $20. If you think that's not enough, I'll send you $50.
IDK, but should AJAX make it in the NBA next year I'll take your 50 bucks worth in LINK.

Reaction Score
We all want him to be great but dear lord, could we see some evidence in his play to warrant that?
For once, this is a real website that has been around for a long time projecting this and not just the Boneyard.

I disagree, but it's certainly possible.

Reaction Score
I was seriously unimpressed with him. In my opinion, there's no way he makes it to the association.

He can't defend without fouling. He can't shoot. He doesn't exactly have handle. So he rebounds and dunks.

I thought his handle and passing was fine. Fouling was tough but he was a freshman who was behind his teammates. He has a nice touch at the line, but his outside shooting was in need of a lot of improvement. I expect the fouling to decrease and if he can start hitting threes and shoot off the dribble, he will blow up. It’s going to take a lot of work on his part. He seems willing to put in the time.

Reaction Score
Ajax is one of those guys who has more NBA potential than NCAA potential.

Why? Frame, athleticism, good passer, defensive versatility.

His shooting/scoring/handle will keep improving, but could also continue to improve in the NBA.
This is something that so many people seem to forget. You can improve once you get to the NBA and they are going to draft based on potential and not because you’re a finished product.

Andre will need a breakout year this season, but as 429 said, if he can get over 30% from 3 I think he’s gone. He’s way too freakish of an athlete IMO.

I really do think he’s one of those kids that puts the time into his craft and is dedicated both physically and mentally, so I really hope that pays off for him on the court this season.

Reaction Score
This site is rather unreliable. They used to have Sanogo in there but took him out it loos like.
I remember them having Drummond and Lamb going 2, 3 at one point in 2012. Truly a website that exists largely due to its URL

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I won't even bet it, I'll just pay someone if they think he makes it to the league after this year. They can use it for mental health assistance.

I accept zelle and cash app

the Q

Reaction Score
I remember them having Drummond and Lamb going 2, 3 at one point in 2012. Truly a website that exists largely due to its URL

Drummond was a guy who surpassingly fell on draft night

He was considered a high pick from day 1 and was still a top 10 guy.

Lamb still went in the lottery. Guys move up and down the boards over the course of a season.

Look at mocks now, they will look different. But it also gives you an idea of who to watch from day 1

Reaction Score
Dre has to have feel and touch on his jump shot. We’ll see pretty soon. He threw brick last year. I admit if he has fixed that he could be a monster.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I was seriously unimpressed with him. In my opinion, there's no way he makes it to the association.

He can't defend without fouling. He can't shoot. He doesn't exactly have handle. So he rebounds and dunks.
I certainly don't share your opinion at this point, but I understand where you're coming from. My issue with your take is you're saying this about a freshman. Your take implies that he will not improve over time which is a harsh take. His athleticism alone puts him in a good place. Incremental improvement is all that is needed.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't understand the guys here saying that they didn't see anything from him last season that warrants people projecting him as a first round pick. I have to wonder whether they've forgotten the games (however few) where he demonstrated an eye-popping combination of court vision and athleticism; it was practically all we could talk about afterward.

Obviously he needs to learn how to shoot and he needs to work on his defense, but those are teachable skills.

the Q

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't understand the guys here saying that they didn't see anything from him last season that warrants people projecting him as a first round pick. I have to wonder whether they missed the games (however few) where he demonstrated an eye-popping combination of court vision and athleticism; it was practically all we could talk about afterward.

Obviously he needs to learn how to shoot and he needs to work on his defense, but those are teachable skills.

He has the (very) raw tools in athleticism and court vision.

But he needs to develop his skills to round out his game.

I could see the light clicking on for him at any point in the next few seasons.

The shooting is gonna be the key though

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I don't understand the guys here saying that they didn't see anything from him last season that warrants people projecting him as a first round pick. I have to wonder whether they've forgotten the games (however few) where he demonstrated an eye-popping combination of court vision and athleticism; it was practically all we could talk about afterward.

Confidence is a big factor in high level sports. And potentially the hardest to move.

I can shot 1000s of foul shots on my own and become decent. Gametime panick, no confidence and look like I never practice.

the Q

Reaction Score
Confidence is a big factor in high level sports. And potentially the hardest to move.

I can shot 1000s of foul shots on my own and become decent. Gametime panick, no confidence and look like I never practice.

Yeah, but how many of them went in? That's the burning question.

Easy to go in when nothing is on the line.

The key is getting it down so you don’t ha e to think at all when it does matter.

Muscle memory

Reaction Score

It's really hard to make a complete assessment on a player who has played 256 total NCAA minutes, especially a freshman who played a total of four games between December 3rd and February 6th, key time to build get reps and build mojo.

Imagine if Jackson was healthy during the nine games both him and Bouknight were both out? He would have had a major chance to shine.

Based on that, most people in this thread are giving projections of the player he might become, either this year or in a few years, rather than what we saw in him in 256 minutes last year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom