A'ja Wilson??? | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm enjoying this championship like I'm sure everybody else is but has anyone heard anything new concerning A'ja Wilson???

Reaction Score
We'll learn more about A'ja and other recruits as the spring & summer continue. Beginning today, college coaches were allowed to start calling 2014 recruits. As the AAU season picks up, we'll start learning more information.

Based upon her twitter page, she's still pretty open in the recruiting process. I don't expect her to commit to anyone for a while yet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN fans are certainly hopeful. She's the best player in her class and probably similar to Breanna as far as talent goes. She'd be a fantastic get, and would pretty much ensure UCONN's continued domination for years to come. Any by that I mean we already have 2 top 10 kids from that class, and a very good PG from Connecticut to boot. Adding to that the #1 kid in the class has the same impact as adding Maya and Tina on the same team, or in this case being on the same team as KML and Breanna.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With this roster and the impact we made winning the NC and how we did it what kid wouldn't want to play for UConn. I was thinking during the NCAAs. I gotta wonder how Samarie Walker felt, and what Bria Smith and Sara Hammond were thinking. They all could've been on the UConn roster. With that said Ive gotta wonder what some of the top recruits are thinking. One thing is for sure they saw 3 freshman get a lot of play time in the NCAAs so they gotta figure they wont be sitting the bench if they come to UConn. JMO of course.

Reaction Score
Let's hope she considers an active fan board a positive.

:)

Hey A'ja, UCONN is the best educational choice for hoop gurlz such as you.

There, hope that helps!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With this roster and the impact we made winning the NC and how we did it what kid wouldn't want to play for UConn. I was thinking during the NCAAs. I gotta wonder how Samarie Walker felt, and what Bria Smith and Sara Hammond were thinking. They all could've been on the UConn roster. With that said Ive gotta wonder what some of the top recruits are thinking. One thing is for sure they saw 3 freshman get a lot of play time in the NCAAs so they gotta figure they wont be sitting the bench if they come to UConn. JMO of course.
It's funny - I often think the same thing. I wonder what Samarie thought as we blew them off the court. But you know Samarie left for personal reasons and I think she's content & happy at Kentucky.

IIRC, we backed off of Smith (altho I like her game a lot) but wanted Hammond to the end. I mentioned the other day that I was really unimpressed with Hammond her freshman year, but she was MUCH improved her sophomore year. I can see why the staff wanted her. 6'2", very strong, athletic, a lefty, with a soft touch and decent outside shot. But they made it to the NC game. IF they'd landed Russell, I think you could pen them in as a final 4 favorite next year. Even without her, they are an elite team for sure.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hammond wanted to stay closer to home. Simple as that. Happens. Given the remote location of Uconn, it's incredible how many tremendous prospects Geno and CD do get. However, kids who come and are willing to do the work are rewarded with opportunities to play for championships, professionally, and on Olympic teams.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Hammond wanted to stay closer to home. Simple as that. Happens. Given the remote location of Uconn, it's incredible how many tremendous prospects Geno and CD do get. However, kids who come and are willing to do the work are rewarded with opportunities to play for championships, professionally, and on Olympic teams.

That is the truth in a nutshell Alex. Post Of The Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom