A'ja Wilson to Visit So. Carolina

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by UConnCat, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doggydaddy

doggydaddy Grampysorus Rex

Woweeeee....a poster on a Georgia board has sources that say South Carolina is the probable destination.

Thanks Jim.

2. vowelguy

vowelguy Boneyard contrarian since 1998

Czel did not have a scholarship either year.

UConn also had 14 scholarships used in 2007-8 and 2008-9.

3. CannonVol

CannonVol

Well dd, I did say to take it for what it was worth. But, I will say that Tyree has a better than 50% accuracy rate in his statements that I have seen in the past. Is he right in this prediction? I guess we'll know when Ms Wilson actually signs her NLOI. Of course, he could be spot on with his prediction at the present time and she could change her mind a dozen times between now and the time she actually signs with a school.

Jim

4. doggydaddy

So basically there was no reason to post that information.

Hmmm.....posting that Uconn probably won't get a recruiting target. Nice on a Uconn board. Not just a recruiting target but a real important one.

Like I said, thanks.

5. CannonVol

CannonVol

dd, sorry to be the Debbie Downer that you don't want to hear from. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade (although it apparently seems that way to you). You will note that I didn't tout Tennessee's chances of obtaining Wilson's commitment. I'll try not to come back unless I've got some neutral information or some sunshine to pump up your you-know-where.

Jim

FairView, UCONNfan1 and arch like this.
  6. 2Infinity

2Infinity

Thanks for your update Jim, as well as for the info from the Georgia poster. An update from a worthy source is always appreciated, whether it's optimistic in nature...or not. Posting a negative opinion might be a different story, but you clearly weren't doing that. Since this is all conjecture at this point, we'll just hope that AW is impressed with First Night at UConn, the new practice facility and Geno's being named Olympic coach again!

Fightin Choke likes this.
  7. doggydaddy

Or you could say nothing.

Which you basically did.

But i wouldnt tell you what to post. Feel free to post whatever you want and I'll do the same.

When the player and their family says don't believe anything you hear unless it comes from them, anything coming from sources like that mean nothing. She is taking her visits. I believe she will be at first night.

Posting rumors from 2nd hand and sometimes 3rd hand sources is something I'm not a fan of.

Icebear likes this.
  8. Fightin Choke

Fightin Choke Golden Dome Fan

I appreciate the information, Jim.

DD, are you upset by the fact that the information is second hand, or the fact that the information is not what you wanted to hear? You have reacted similarly to posts from anyone (UConn fan or visitor) who has posted anything that suggested UConn's chances at a prospect were somewhat diminished in any way. The only exceptions are when the information has been confirmed by the horde. Is innuendo acceptable only when it suggests that UConn's fortunes are enhanced, or is it always unwelcome?

Do you have a history with Cannonvol that has placed you in a defensive stance?

UCONNfan1 and 2Infinity like this.
  9. doggydaddy

It wasn't an update. It was an opinion.

Why do you think it's from a worthy source? It's not that it's negative, although coming from a Vol fan, it is a little annoying. It's just a bunch of nothing.

It's a statement from a regular poster on a Georgia womens message board. Who has "sources". How is this necessarily worthy?

Icebear likes this.
  10. doggydaddy

Mostly it's an issue with unnamed sources from someone that couldn't possibly know.

Jim is ok.

I will admit that I don't like hearing negative rumors. I am, after all, a Uconn fan. And all they do is bring out the doom and gloomers.

Icebear and Fightin Choke like this.
  11. LadyVolFan

LadyVolFan Active Member

I too saw the post that he is referring to; however, it also stated that White is leaning towards South Carolina. Not sure why that was not posted as well. If Staley somehow managed to bring in both White and Wilson that would be incredibly impressive, but I do not see that happening.

12. pap49cba

pap49cba The Supreme Linkster

Well my 'sources' tell me Wilson is leaning to Central Michigan. :rolleyes:

13. Raoul

Raoul

Does that "better than 50% accuracy rate" include his recent predictions that Christa Reed would pick Ole Miss and Katelynn Flaherty would choose Georgia?

What has he gotten right lately? Waterman to OSU? Did anyone really need a prediction on that one?

14. doggydaddy

I would guess that most posters here could have 50% accuracy.

Icebear likes this.
  15. UCONNfan1

UCONNfan1

Never thought we were going to land Wilson anyway. It's a nice idea, but everything I've read led me to believe it would be difficult to get her out of South Carolina. But one never knows with recruiting.

16. meyers7

meyers7 Smarty Pants

That's what I assumed.

17. Boxerpups4me

Boxerpups4me Semper Paratus

I'm sure unofficial visits may have some relevance, but it doesn't automatically mean a recruit will come to the school. Diamond Deshields made quite a few unofficial visits to Tennessee, but of course signed with UNC..

Icebear likes this.
  18. stwainfan

stwainfan Faithful LV Enthusiast

I haven't seen her play. Is there anyone her game is like? Is her game like Charles, Russell, or someone else.

19. Alydar

Alydar

Hey Jim, FWIW, a poster on a Tenn board has it on good authority that Geno promised Stewart an Olympic position in 2016 to land her and that he is doing the same with Wilson for 2020. Should I consider that a reliable source? :D
    '
    BTW, I can get 50% right as to whether a recruit signs with any particular team by flipping coins. And I remember a lot of Georgia people were sure DD was going either to UConn or Tenn.
    I know absolutely nothing about recruits other than what I read. What I do know is that most of the people that claim to know have a bias, either for a team or. as in the case of that Tenn fan, a bias against a team.

20. Raoul

Raoul

No idea what you mean. Are you saying you could go over a list of uncommitted players and predict with 50% accuracy the schools they'll commit to? I'll bet you can't.

21. 01Neaggrad02

01Neaggrad02

Well I am sure A'ja will make the right decision for her.

Hey, can someone tell me, who is the Olympic Coach in 2016? Hummmmm ;)

Icebear likes this.
  22. 01Neaggrad02

01Neaggrad02

I really like when she says she wants to win gold... and be at the top of her game... also that she loves playing against DeShields....

DavidinNaples likes this.
  23. EricLA

EricLA Cronus

While obviously I hope we get her, I just get the feeling we won't. I wonder if Geno's inability to land a single post player the past 2 seasons will come back to bite him. I don't think there's anyone else on the board for him to go after. I know that UCONN does things differently - they cast a very narrow net, and if it appears it won't work out, THEN they start to focus on someone else.

BTW anyone know why we never went after Jatarie White? Was there no interest on her part, or vice versa? Just curious as she's the highest rated 5 in the class per most services...

24. connboy77

connboy77

My guess is that Jatarie was not interested in UCONN and Geno does not waste his time on recruits that don't have any interest in UCONN.

25. doggydaddy

Selective players.

The poster on the Georgia board is not predicting every player. Why should I?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.