A'ja Wilson right ankle injury | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson right ankle injury

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They showed the replay on ESPN after the ND-Lou game. It was hard to see exactly, but it didn't look horrible. She never fell to the ground, just came up gimpy and limped off the court.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Day to day right now. May not play vs. Tennessee so that game will be...... not fun.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wilson has had something of a history of ankle/foot injuries, similar to Lou. Given her size, it’s amazing how well she runs and how high she gets off the floor. At the same time, that combination poses a considerable risk of injury, particularly when Wilson elevates in a crowd under the basket and comes down on top of another player.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Day to day right now. May not play vs. Tennessee so that game will be. not fun.

I share your concern but Wilson is a competitor of the first order. I would not be surprised if she plays. In which case, Tennessee goes down.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They showed the replay on ESPN after the ND-Lou game. It was hard to see exactly, but it didn't look horrible. She never fell to the ground, just came up gimpy and limped off the court.

Ummm ... stock photo or she was on the floor? Video of Dawn on the "just a sprain"

A’ja Wilson injury puts status for Tennessee game in doubt

Suggestion is she rolled it on the other end of the floor, ran the court, and went down.

wbbvsauburn_tg3354

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ummm ... stock photo or she was on the floor? Video of Dawn on the "just a sprain"

Suggestion is she rolled it on the other end of the floor, ran the court, and went down.

wbbvsauburn_tg3354

We will see. Aja can be pretty demonstrative with her injuries at times and hop back up. I had actually wondered why she was still in. They've played her pretty deep into some not close ones earlier which also confused me.

Unfortunately the second unit still isn't pushing leads much, which has been an under sold concern for two years now.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

wbbvsauburn_tg3354

No, it was on the end of the floor where she stepped on another player's foot. She did get up and hobbled off, but without assistance. Hopefully she will be able to play Sunday or I don't see us beating Tennessee.

Reaction Score
We will see. Aja can be pretty demonstrative with her injuries at times and hop back up. I had actually wondered why she was still in. They've played her pretty deep into some not close ones earlier which also confused me.

Unfortunately the second unit still isn't pushing leads much, which has been an under sold concern for two years now.

now you know how UConn fans feel when the starters are still in with a 40 point lead.........................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't think SC can beat Tenn without A'ja. I hope she gets better soon for many reasons, including to beat the LVs.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think SC could still beat them although it would be much more difficult without Wilson....let's see which Tennessee team shows up.....

Alexis, Kiki and Lele would have to have big games. It would be tough.

Reaction Score
Alexis, Kiki and Lele would have to have big games. It would be tough.

Don't tell me I have more faith in your team then you do!!!! Tennessee's bubble may have burst.............perhaps that first loss will really have an effect on them...................these next few games are going to be a very interesting

Reaction Score
Don't tell me I have more faith in your team then you do!!!! Tennessee's bubble may have burst...perhaps that first loss will really have an effect on them....these next few games are going to be a very interesting

It will be tough regardless if Wilson plays or not, it's the SEC so every game is tough in a sense. I tend to agree with you Charlie, I think that loss coupled with overtime to their legs will not only effect them physically but mentally as well. They're freshman and dealing with a lost then turning around to face another top 10 team on the road could kind of get to them. We'll see how it goes as both teams have questions. Hoping for a Gamecock win!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom