A'ja Tweet | The Boneyard

A'ja Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Per John A

So excited to get a chance to hang out w/ the coaches & players of the University of Connecticut as I take my 1st official visit there!

U

UCONNfan1

Well reading the tea leaves... it sounds like she's excited LOL. I know, can't read much into that. Hope she has a great time.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Can you imagine the panic if she didn't tweet that she was excited?

No, but I can imagine the panic if she tweeted that she wasn't excited...! As in , "We are not amused," etc.

:p

Queen_Victoria_1887.jpg

Reaction Score
I would imagine that a recruit would be excited about her first official visit wherever it was. And First Night gives everyone a lot to get excited about!

Aj

Reaction Score
i would think she is excited having a chance to play for the greatest program in WCBB history. She knows that if she comes to uconn she will get to experience winning a NC which others do not!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From A'ja Wilson's father:

“One thing they have that not a lot of others have is that winning tradition,” Roscoe Wilson said. “They got eight national championships. That’s what she has to decide — does she want to be a part of that or create her own legacy?”

From Kia Nurse:

"Do I want to play for someone who wins the national championship or someone who helps build a legacy? It's a whole kerfuffle right now," she joked.

No doubt that's the choice opposing coaches put in front of recruits considering UConn. But it's like the First Night Video said: Honor Our History . . . Write Our Future. Add to the legacy. Tina did; Maya did; KML and Stewart will leave their own mark when they're done.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
More from Carl Adamec:

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/uconn-makes-impression-on-top-recruit-wilson/#more-8889

“The UConn staff was spectacular with their presentation of their program and its history,” Wilson’s father, Roscoe, said today. “It was a chance for A’ja to get an understanding and perspective of the kind of coaches that she’ll be dealing with. I thought the visit went great. We learned a lot.

“UConn has set the bar high, and that’s good.”

The Wilsons took in UConn’s annual First Night program at Gampel Pavilion and watched the Huskies’ practice. They also met with athletic director Warde Manuel as well as with people on the academic side.

“We sat in a three-hour practice, from 12-3, and we were not bored for one second,” Roscoe Wilson said. “We were just taking it in and a minute wouldn’t go by where you didn’t learn something. A lot of it was simple stuff, and I’ve been around.”

Roscoe Wilson played basketball at Benedict College (S.C.) and professionally for 10 years in Europe.

“After we were talking about the 1970s New York Knicks,” Wilson said. “We went to Geno’s office and it’s like the Louvre with everything he has there. He’s a very special person. You can see why he’s so successful.”

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Roscoe Wilson is not the first South Carolinian to appreciate a good UConn practice.

A few years ago, when UConn played a homecoming game in Columbia, S.C., for Kalana Greene. SC Coach Dawn Staley asked Geno if her team could watch UConn practice, presumably to motivate her players.

Geno said, "Sure," so they watched.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I kinda liked this quote....

“It was exactly what we wanted so she can make an informed decision, not just off emotion,” her father, Roscoe Wilson, said. “We want to be objective about every visit we go on. She can make notes, put things away. Her mother keeps a spreadsheet, with pros and cons, what I like and didn’t like, that she can sit down and look at any time. It was good.”

If you are making a list of pros and cons and no emotion, I like Uconn's chances.

Reaction Score
Come to UCONN... win a national title... and in the process help Geno make history by having him win his 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th title God willing he wins the next five ;)

(I do not ask for much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits