AJ and Swin | The Boneyard

AJ and Swin

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In an earlier thread I posted that Swin had contributed the least on the floor for team USA, and I thought that was a little harsh (if true.) I was thinking about AJ and Swin, the 11th and 12th players on the team today. The reality was that whoever got those spots was going to be insurance. With 10 health players in front of them, they were not going to get significant minutes. As it happened, the player who got hurt from the starting line-up was a center. Sylvia was never really able to contibute the way she had on previous teams so the insurance policy that got used was AJ and I thought she had a really solid Olympics - nothing spectacular but provided quality minutes. Swin's role would have changed significantly if one of the forwards had gone down - she would have come in the same way AJ did. Since all the forwards stayed healthy she was not really needed and was religated to mostly mop up duty.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Being a UConn fan and a NY Giants loyalist, you wouldn't think I root for underdogs, but if I were the coach, I'd have used Swin more.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In an earlier thread I posted that Swin had contributed the least on the floor for team USA, and I thought that was a little harsh (if true.) I was thinking about AJ and Swin, the 11th and 12th players on the team today. The reality was that whoever got those spots was going to be insurance. With 10 health players in front of them, they were not going to get significant minutes. As it happened, the player who got hurt from the starting line-up was a center. Sylvia was never really able to contibute the way she had on previous teams so the insurance policy that got used was AJ and I thought she had a really solid Olympics - nothing spectacular but provided quality minutes. Swin's role would have changed significantly if one of the forwards had gone down - she would have come in the same way AJ did. Since all the forwards stayed healthy she was not really needed and was religated to mostly mop up duty.
Agree. I think I wrote in another thread that if you do use your 11/12th players extensively, it's not really a good thing (means injuries). 11/12th players are for cover, locker room, or development/get experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom