Aidan Mahaney | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn’t Brea the Joey California role of this team?

If Alex comes back it has to be

DIARRA/Norwell
MAHANEY/Ball/Brea
MCNEELEY/Brea-Stewart
KARABAN/Stewart/Abraham
REED/Johnson/Singare

If Norwell can play the 09 Kemba role and both Johnson and Stewart improve, this team is a legit contender and should be ranked #1 to start the season

It will take time to gel and understand rotations but there isn’t a lineup/matchup we can’t counter and attack

22/23 was a different champion than 23/24

24/25 will be a different champion than either

Can we stop with the Reed over Johnson thing. Johnson is our starter.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Getting Kobey and Mahoney would be the icing on our championship cake. They even rhyme so it’s meant to be.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
DIARRA/Norwell
MAHANEY/Ball/Brea
MCNEELEY/Brea-Stewart
KARABAN/Stewart/Abraham
REED/Johnson/Singare
Not what we were defensively the past two years but that lineup will not be stopped on offense. We may break the efficiency records.

Reaction Score
I’ve heard about the worry for him defensively:

Well he just had a very impressive 1:1 stop in open space on Gonzaga’s Hickman.

This shows me there is something there for Hurley to work with.

I’ll check back in soon.

Reaction Score
If the D is that much of a liability then the O better make up for it. Crazy given StM has been one of the better team Ds in efficiency.

Reaction Score
Let’s get back to the imprortant stuff: can someone get a breakdown of Mahaneys dinner spread on his visits at UConn and Kentucky? That tells me everything I need to know.
Now you are asking the correct question. A Surf & Turf at the Capital Grille with seafood fresh from the water and high quality steak, I mean like Kobe steak from Japan, would be more than enough to seal the deal with Mahoney.

Reaction Score
I’ve heard about the worry for him defensively:

Well he just had a very impressive 1:1 stop in open space on Gonzaga’s Hickman.

This shows me there is something there for Hurley to work with.

I’ll check back in soon.
Well, St. Mary's defense has been top notch for the last 2 years as they have been ranked #10 and #15 in KenPom for 2023 and 2024, respectively.

Reaction Score
Now you are asking the correct question. A Surf & Turf at the Capital Grille with seafood fresh from the water and high quality steak, I mean like Kobe steak from Japan, would be more than enough to seal the deal with Mahoney.
Was eating great surf and turf, with some fire au gratin potatoes, while they took him to this spot in Lexington. The latter has the making of a club sandwich.
7DAFF6B3-272B-4EE4-A06C-294768F87A7C.jpeg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
At this point most Trilly info is in his paid discord so links won't be possible. Would have to be screenshots which might be frowned upon since it's paid content.

Having said that, I can't imagine any reason why someone would lie about it.
Aren't people technically not supposed to share the Trilly stuff now that he paywalls it on his discord?

These two replies are helpful, because they provide context and additional information. In doing so, they reveal to me that what I souggtcwhen I wrote, "Link?" was something to boost the credibility.

In one of the Liam thread, for example, he posted something like, "There have been whispers," which could be substance-free, gossip-columnist, agitation, hype mongering to build excitement. I seen it numerous in in the past few years, and I've similarly seen the, "Oh so what, it's sports. I it's all hype. Doesn't matter if it's not true," or, little circling back to clarify when things turned out to be wrong or false, etc. I'm not a fan, nor do I think it's "the end if the world" or a "capital crime" as some people defend themselves, when nobody has ever raised objection by using such exaggerated terms.

What you've written educates me (and others) that Trilly's posts are now paywalled and therefore not as easily linked, screenshot, or otherwise displayable, for technological or ethical reasons. In that sense, you gave me a greater confidence.

There's a difference between

Here's a link...

Here's a screenshot...

I read it on Donovan's Discord because I subscribe, but I don't directly share subscriber content because I respect the distribution channel

I read it in a tweet or post or otherwise by a guy who's a subscriber, but I'm not a subscriber, so I didn't actually see it, but I figure that the guy has little motivation to lie based on how he's presented info over time.

By these various ways we present it read information, we make determinations about credidibility of sources and reliability if information. It's part of the reputation-based market if ideas that applies in many fields.

I still regard Ant as more prone to chase excitement and operate as a tout more so than an infirmed and informing and trustworthy source. I don't see him as a disinformant, a troll, or someone operating against UConn's interest. To the contrary, he's active, enthusiastic, and wants to make an impression. I don't think he prioritizes getting things right enough to keep him from leaping before more fully looking. I think he wants to be out front, probably for ego purposes, and he gets hits & misses from swinging the bat so often. I suppose he serves a net-positive purpose.

When I question him, I similarly intend to provide a net-positive purpose, even if I may collaterally kill some of his buzz when I do so. It's an instance where diversity of opinion serves freedom of speech by offering more if it and a mechanism if checks g balances. There's no doubt that there are readers who find his and my excesses annoying.

Sick bro. You know what I meant. Autocorrect
I've already discovered that I'll have to train the phone through repetition, if his becomes a name that is regularly used. Same for Koby.

I've already successfully (and pretty easily) done it for Samson, Tristen, Clingan, Sanogo, Hassan, Bouknight, Jaylin, Jayden, Stephon, and others. Even Roumoglou, once I learned the correct spelling (unless I've got it wrong). Spencer was never an issue. It's mostly a matter of being attentive in early use.

Reaction Score
I believe that Ross was always more planned to be a major contributor as a junior/senior. If he is ready next year he’s ahead of schedule.

Ball and Steward have shown they can contribute and if one doesn’t start they should be the sixth man IMO. Don’t see where they don’t get 20+ minutes either way.

Singare hopefully will be able to contribute in two years, he’s a project.
Not to be cynical, but if a guy isn't contributing after 2 or even 1 year, it's unlikely he becomes a serious contributor here. Guys like Whaley and Johnson are the exception.

Reaction Score
Was eating great surf and turf, with some fire au gratin potatoes, while they took him to this spot in Lexington. The latter has the making of a club sandwich. View attachment 100138
Mark Pope and his staff better have something else in their sales pitch. A club sandwich with french fries that are not freshly hand cut ain't it getting it done.

Edit: hopefully Pope and his staff don't close the deal.

Reaction Score
With McNealon in the fold if we get Kobe and Mahoney this team could be truly special!
One moew time: Who's McNealon?
I think he's making the point that their names are being misspelled a little too often. Koby and Mahaney probably would laugh it off at first...but maybe not for too long. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Mark Pope and his staff better have something else in their sales pitch. A club sandwich with french fries that are not freshly hand cut ain't it getting it done.

Edit: hopefully Pope and his staff don't close the deal.
If it does we have a lot of choices in CT like that and cheaper than Capital Grille

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom