Aidan Mahaney practice highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney practice highlights

awy

Reaction Score
I don't love it. Seems like our defense can't stop anyone, especially Solo. First J. Stew, now Mahaney. Can we stop anyone on defense this year?
highlight bro, highlight

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
highlight bro, highlight

it was a joke bro, a joke.

baseball joke GIF

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I trust the staff. If they like him I am good. It was a highlight tape. Made that mistake once before and heard about it from our experts. So all of it is marketing material.

My only comment is ….if he is 6’3” I am 6’ . I wish those statements were both true.

Hope he averages 15 ppg and 6 apg.

Reaction Score
Shifty, tight handle, strong change of pace, a few moves to score at the rim, and we know he can shoot

Big expectations for Mahaney this year as we need him to be a stronger and more efficient version of himself. But after he gets over the learning curve of BE physicality, I’m going to LOVE this guy being our primary ball handler

Reaction Score
Looking like a pg in those highlights
Because if he plans to play in the NBA someday thats where his future is at. If Newton can do it so can Mahaney whom i believe in what little ive seen of him has a more natural ability to play there than Newton. If he can work as hard as Tristen he will be special at the PG for us. A lineup of Mahaney, Ball, Stewart, Karaban and Samson could run teams out of the gym. Youve got shooters, athleticism, IQ, slashers and just flat out dogs. What makes this lineup scary is that you then have to deal with what comes in after them. Insane!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Danny is giving Aidan the green light to create and improvise. Something he wasn't given at St Mary's. He's got the potential to really develop this year within the UConn system and show his talents. Gonna be fun- He's got the skills
I’m actually hoping the structure we have in place leads to him taking better shots. His low field goal percentage was the result of being asked to carry their offense and improvise more often than he should.

Reaction Score
Danny is giving Aidan the green light to create and improvise. Something he wasn't given at St Mary's. He's got the potential to really develop this year within the UConn system and show his talents. Gonna be fun- He's got the skills
I was at nearly all of his St. Mary's home games... I would say that his creativity was limited on fullcourt situations, like after breaking the press... But had lots of room to create in the halfcourt. I do think he'll get more chances in Hurley's system, though...

Reaction Score
I was at nearly all of his St. Mary's home games... I would say that his creativity was limited on fullcourt situations, like after breaking the press... But had lots of room to create in the halfcourt. I do think he'll get more chances in Hurley's system, though...
You have certainly seen him play more than anyone on the Yard-myself included. I do know that Dan is on record as saying(paraphrasing) that he wants to encourage/push Aidan to be more aggressive on offense as he shows his increasing understanding of our offensive schemes and sets. Dan likens Aidan's offensive talents to a blend of Tristen/Cam and believes this year's team will really benefit from Aidan's growth as a more assertive scorer/playmaker. Looks like he's gonna flourish in Dan's offense.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Its summer we all got our buzz cut for summer until we didn't have hair anymore!

Yeah, I got one of those forced buzz cuts too.

He’s always got the floppy, then the videos still show floppy…so when did the buzz occur? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reaction Score
To 3 peat we need him or solo to be really good next year. I feel like he will be somewhere between cam and joey c in terms of production next year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I got one of those forced buzz cuts too.

He’s always got the floppy, then the videos still show floppy…so when did the buzz occur? Inquiring minds want to know.

Whatever is fine with his hair, but I hope he gets rid of that chin goatee though.

Reaction Score
Newton and Spencer just had much different statistical profiles imo; Newton had similar finishing woes and low 2pt % but was a high volume assist guy. Spencer was always a strong finisher in his full seasons. If Mahaney could increase his aggressiveness on 3PA and keep steady above 39% while also vastly improving his playmaking thanks to Hurley... That would be wonderful. Looks great in the vid!

Reaction Score
BBIQ is very high for Karaban, Mahaney, Liam, and Diarra. Last 2 years we have had that and it looks like this year we’ll have it again.

Reaction Score
Nice! Can't wait to see him in games in UConn's offensive system. It looks like he will fit right in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom