2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These takes are hilarious. I remember how much people were freaking out about hurleys recruitment process 3 MONTHS AGO after Timberlake spurned us…

but, y’all are correct. Hurley is a master of the recruiting craft, and we’re only scratching the surface of what we know he can do here over the next 6+ years recruiting wise.

Reaction Score
These takes are hilarious. I remember how much people were freaking out about hurleys recruitment process 3 MONTHS AGO after Timberlake spurned us…

but, y’all are correct. Hurley is a master of the recruiting craft, and we’re only scratching the surface of what we know he can do here over the next 6+ years recruiting wise.
I don't remember people freaking out. Some people were blaming NIL for losing him but not many people, besides a very few chicken littles on here, were freaking out about Hurley's recruiting for losing Timberlake.

Reaction Score
I love that “multiple” probably implies more than 2. Maybe a surprise third commitment is coming soon after Nowell?
I doubt there will be any surprises. These kids all want their moment and will set commitment dates. Betsey recently said he’ll trim his list in early August and then commit in the fall. Ngongba also said he’s going to commit in the fall before the November early signing period.

My interpretation was Abraham and Nowell will be Huskies. And we’re in a good spot with Betsey and/or Ngongba

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_7064.png
    IMG_7064.png
    683.1 KB · Views: 394
Reaction Score

Huh? Who blamed Hurley for Timberlake? As I remember, he was a UConn lean until Kansas swooped in w cash and a car. In fact, few if any, blamed Hurley.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Huh? Who blamed Hurley for Timberlake? As I remember, he was a UConn lean until Kansas swooped in w cash and a car. In fact, few if any, blamed Hurley.

Yeah I don't remember that either. And actually we got a better player in Spencer in the end. If anything it strengthens the view of Hurley's recruiting practices. I was disappointed we didn't land Timberlake when it happened because he was obviously the singular focus of our portal browsing at that time, and Hurley did everything he needed to do. Kid had a bag dropped in front of him at 23rd hour, nothing Hurley could do about that.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I'm with you I don't remember anyone "freaking out" about Hurley's recruiting 3 months ago...
>The Mandela Effect is an observed phenomenon in which a large segment of the population misremembers a significant event or shares a memory of an event that did not actually occur.<<

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Take it easy Mrs. Hurley
I don't remember the comments in reference to Timberlake being anything like that, it was more negative towards Kansas and NIL.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Want a real laugh? Go read the threads from Feb where posters kept citing Hurley hadn't won an NCAA tournament game in "5 seasons".

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
UConn has the best coaching staff in the country top to bottom. It's incredibly impressive how Hurley built this thing back up. Kimani, Luke, and Tommy could be the #1 assistant at any of the best programs in the country and all three of them could be head coaches.
Totally agree on DH and staff. Praying that they stay together because they are a unified awesome combination. They are bringing out the best in individual players and getting all to buy in on unselfish unity. Really enjoy coming to the BY every day almost like the season never ended because it is like Uconn yesterday today and tomorrow rolling along from victory to victory as newer players come in and others move on to their future but still part of Uconn Nation. Loved seeing all the former players showing up at games; especially the NCAA's.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A PN commit and an AN commit you’d have to think could potentially sway a Betsey and/or Edgecomb to commit and be a part of a championship contender.
Yeah, especially with available spots drying up really quick. Assuming we take 5 guys again, 3/5 seem to be reserved already. Betsey/Edgecombe/Howard/Fland/Etc gotta decide if they want one of those 2 spots before it’s too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom